Voice Dialer only dials the "Primary" number?

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
When I use the BT Voice Dialer with Froyo it works great, with one BIG exception. It will ONLY dial the Primary Number. I have tried saying "Call John Smith Mobile" or "Call John Smith Home", but it doesn't matter. It only calls the Primary Number. I have tried this with several contacts but still doesn't work. Am I doing something wrong? A setting maybe? Any help would be appreciated.

myrcgarage

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
It works for me. Here is what I say: "call John Doe at home" or "call John Doe at mobile". Give it a try and report back the rwsult.

mentezari

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Voice dialer issues ( Big Time )

I never had any issues with voice dialing on my two year old HTC Diamond Touch through Sprint using Windows Mobile 6.1. With my new HTC Evo however the voice dialer is very faint and low with sound even thought all volume settings are maxed out. Also the system never prompts for confirmation and just goes ahead and calls whoever it wishes. As a result I have miss dialed quite a few times that were embarresing. I called HTC and Sprint tech support and they said that they are aware of this issue and working on it with no ETA. Is there anyone out there experiencing same issues?

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
no mine works just fine, i say "home" or "mobile" and it will dial the number i wanted, also with confirmation. Fresh 3.3.0.1

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I never had any issues with voice dialing on my two year old HTC Diamond Touch through Sprint using Windows Mobile 6.1. With my new HTC Evo however the voice dialer is very faint and low with sound even thought all volume settings are maxed out. Also the system never prompts for confirmation and just goes ahead and calls whoever it wishes. As a result I have miss dialed quite a few times that were embarresing. I called HTC and Sprint tech support and they said that they are aware of this issue and working on it with no ETA. Is there anyone out there experiencing same issues?

I downloaded Call Confirm to keep from dialing the wrong number. Works great for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21