Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122

I picked up an EVO yesterday, and I LOOOOVE it. However, I can't connect to my home WiFi. It gets stuck at "obtaining IP address". I can connect my EVO to WiFi at work, and all my other devices work fine with my router at home. Any ideas what I can do?

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ROM
    Starburst with LoStKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I picked up an EVO yesterday, and I LOOOOVE it. However, I can't connect to my home WiFi. It gets stuck at "obtaining IP address". I can connect my EVO to WiFi at work, and all my other devices work fine with my router at home. Any ideas what I can do?
    Try disconnecting the power to your router, wait 30 seconds, reconnect, and try again.
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 | ROM: CyanogenMod 11 Nightlies | Kernel: KT747 | Governor: Ktoonservative | Modem: MK3

Sprint customer since 2000
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Try disconnecting the power to your router, wait 30 seconds, reconnect, and try again.
    I'll give it a try, but I suspect that won't help, as my other devices connect just fine. Thanks.

EDIT: As expected, resetting the router did not do anything.

EDIT: Hard resetting the router fixed it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Sapient; 09-30-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I'll give it a try, but I suspect that won't help, as my other devices connect just fine. Thanks.

EDIT: As expected, resetting the router did not do anything.

EDIT: Hard resetting the router fixed it. Thanks.
    Try giving it a static IP. Sounds like you either do not have enough to hand out in your range or something else is trying to take on the exact same IP.

Another thing to try is connecting to a neighbor's wifi. If you cannot do that, then maybe there is something interfering.

Last but not least, if you can connect to a neighbor's but not your own, try changing the channel on the router. You maybe getting noise from another device (which in theory might also prevent you from connecting to the neighbor's wifi etc)

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts

Nothing found here

when I got my evo it already had 2.2 installed.
    the only weird problem is that if I force stop the sense ui
    it will still run, not actually a problem for my, I just thought its kinda weird

Voice dialer no longer hears me since froyo upgrade.

I got my phone with 2.1 installed the summer. voice dialer worked great. I used the official over the air froyo update and the voice dialer doesn't work without a bluetooth installed, it appears to simply not hear me. this is when I have bluetooth turned off and I am only using the phone. with a bluetooth headset connected it only works when I initiate dialer from the bluetooth device.

any suggestions?

TIA

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Im getting this problem "Processes repeatedly crashing with the following messsage "<process name> stopped unexpectedly, please try again, process com.htc.bg"
    Also my SD card wont mount to the comp in phone anymore! My comp did before update. Now if I wanna add music I need to take my SD card out and use a adapter card. Does anyone have fixes? I use to get a notification in my bar but now that option is gone, the comp sees the evo plugged in but I can't access the SD info.

My text messages are time stamped two-five minutes after it was actually received.

For example I get one text at 5:15, it will say I recieved it at 5:19, then when I reply my sends at the correct time sent then it goes under the text that says 5:19 received because my text was sent at 5:16

Anyone got this?

Yes mine shows up out of order too but with the right time stamp. I'm needing answers too.

Quote Originally Posted by OneMcChicken View Post
    My text messages are time stamped two-five minutes after it was actually received.

For example I get one text at 5:15, it will say I recieved it at 5:19, then when I reply my sends at the correct time sent then it goes under the text that says 5:19 received because my text was sent at 5:16

Anyone got this?
    that happens to me with my friends iphone but its not only the evo that does this.
    Once i get the ball you're at my mercy
    -Michael Jordan-

Here's hoping a gingerbread update is coming soon.
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122