BATTERY SUCKS AFTER FROYO UPDATE !!!

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine seems okay on my phone (slightly lower then what it usually is at this time of the day), but my wifes on the other hand is totally messed up. She had a near full charge prior to upgrading to Froyo and within 3 hours or so from the upgrade it was warning her to plug it in to charge it. During that 3 hours she didn't do a single thing with the phone as she was at work. Normally she can go from 7:30AM to around 11:00PM without charging it. Hopefully it is just an app thats not fully compatible with 2.2 yet, but she has almost all of the same apps I have so I am not sure.

jmjccwatson

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If i do a hard reset.. Does the Market remember all of my apps and the ones that i have purchased ? Do i just go in and reload them from one page or do i have to search for them

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i started backing mine up in astro.
since that Sprint link is on the market now, I havent seen the download section like it used to have a couple weeks ago.

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Update to a previous post. After getting my exchange server up and running again today is my first full day with it off a charger and all I can say is WOW! The battery life is awesome. Considering a full day of what I consider normal use that many would say is high use (50+ emails, 2 hrs of phone calls, many texts, GPS, bluetooth, wifi on all day) I am at 60% battery remaining after nearly 12 hours. The Android system is no longer the top consumer of battery life it now sits at the bottom just above the display and the cell standby is at the top, with bluetooth and wifi being right below it. I even used flash content on a few websites today so to anyone who says flash is a killer needs to do some more research as the implementation in Froyo/EVO is done really well.

I was getting 15-20 hours before and I would venture to say I will easily get 25-30 hours now.

I am using a "1750" Sedio battery, but I was using that before (it didn't give me any appreciable bump in life over stock).

S-P

iduarte21

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Horrible battery life after the update here what my usage screen looks like

47% remaining, 20m 16s since unplugged. ( I only charged to 80%, 67% before charge.)

18% Cell Standby
9% Phone Idle
51% Android System
18% Display
2% Maps
2% com.htc.launcher

I wish i could go back to 2.1

Edit:

The more I look at the numbers the more it doesn't make sense(no pun intended). Have already tried a factory reset and the wipe all data method. My wifes phone on the other hand doesnt have the issues that I have.

Last edited:

marclile

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If i do a hard reset.. Does the Market remember all of my apps and the ones that i have purchased ? Do i just go in and reload them from one page or do i have to search for them

they should be remembered. your purchased ones will definitely stay in there but the non purchased ones should show up too. if you navigate out of the market before you reinstall of them the free apps will disappear though so make sure that you install them all before leaving the market app.

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Noticeable decline in battery life since updating to 2.2 this morning.

Typically my highest usage has always been "Cell Standby". Today it's "Android system". Will see how it pans out this week.

machjuan#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has always been pretty good, but right after the 2.2 update it drained quick. Now after about four full charges after the update it seems to have gotten much better than before.

Unfranchise33

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Cory, Pass this along. . .

BATTERY PERFORMANCE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
My Battery was plumeting after the 2.2 update.

I am 98% the biggest drain on the battery can be found on #4 on the battery tips on this site. "Disable always on Mobile data". That seemed to make the biggest difference in the battery performance. I have gone through this list all day, watching the results after each action. And that had the biggest effect. Check it out below.
Also from that list, keep your wifi on, disable roaming, turn off CDMA roaming, and for the love of God, Turn off Google Talk. Open Talk, Menu, Settings, and uncheck the "Automatic sign in" box.

20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life

And your battery problems will go away :)

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Cory, Pass this along. . .

BATTERY PERFORMANCE PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
My Battery was plumeting after the 2.2 update.

I am 98% the biggest drain on the battery can be found on #4 on the battery tips on this site. "Disable always on Mobile data". That seemed to make the biggest difference in the battery performance. I have gone through this list all day, watching the results after each action. And that had the biggest effect. Check it out below.
Also from that list, keep your wifi on, disable roaming, turn off CDMA roaming, and for the love of God, Turn off Google Talk. Open Talk, Menu, Settings, and uncheck the "Automatic sign in" box.

20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life

And your battery problems will go away :)

Yes, all this will help, but I think you are missing the point. .Most people here were getting excellent battery life without having to go through all these measures before 2.2
I had most of this stuff set to on and was getting 24hrs of solid use no problem.
By doing all the steps in that post, you cripple the phone and is only a bandaid for what the real problem is.
Something is keeping the phone awake that shouldnt be.
Someone knew about it to fix it with the first update to the phone. Wish someone could find out what that revision was though. My bet is it was antenna related, but we will never know for sure.

My partial wake locks are on Android OS and Dialer as they were before the orig update after release date

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well right now for me at 15 hours and 7min since unplugged i'm at 46%. That's with 3 hours listening to music max volume over speaker, bout 40 min in phone calls, downloading 5 apps and then deleting 4 of them lol, and some texting here and there

Dang bro what the heck are you doing to achieve this greatness..Maybe I have a defective phone cause I don't get near that long a battery..Hope you not just saying something to make your phone look good eeHH?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i called Sprint and they know nothing at all about software.
I emailed HTC to get a log of the changes made to software to see what they addressed the first time.
I doubt I will get an answer, but worth a try I guess.
I just disabled always on mobile data to test this again, but it didnt work on 2.1 so I cant imagine it being the fix now.
in I tested it on and off n 2.1 and still got 24hrs or so regardless of its status and some other things off.

So again, I am betting more on a software glitch causing the phone not to sleep

Jose_R

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My Evo's battery life has been extremely horrible since the update.
I unplugged it at 12PM at 100% charge and at 3PM, it was already at 10%.
I then plugged it back for 2 hrs and the battery life was at 60% when I unplugged it, 2 hours later it was dead!
Oh, by the way, I didn't even use it, it was on idle the entire time, the only reason I knew the battery was dead was because the phone started beeping.

Also the phone was really hot when I had it in my pocket for those 2 hours.

I don't know what the problem is. I checked my settings and stuff, and sync is set to check every 4 hours for everything, I doubt thats causing the battery life to suffer.

cyberjew#AC

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I Don't Believe the 25 Hour Claim

Send a screenshot. I think you're full of it. With the stock battery there's no way you can get 25 hours.

I want visual proof. Then I want to see your active applications and what you've done to tweak your phone.

Otherwise, it's simply not possible.