Browser crashing on Flash sites and apps fix.

Does this fix your problem?? (browser closing on sites with flash)

• Total voters

anon(45902)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the browser crashing problem because I had like many others had the 2.1 flash 10.1 installed before i updated to froyo, and apparently the 2 patches dont get along. I didnt wanna factory reset so I brainstormed... I decided well I might as well try to reinstall the 2.1 flash again then uninstall it to see if that works so I used droid Explorer to install the old patch and to be safe i installed the flash 10.1 beta release 2 and then after installing them i reset my phone, but when i went to look for them in apps they werent there... (they were there before i reset, i juss reset to make sure the changes saved.) so i tried a flash app, and it worked, and my browser no longer crashes. Weird right. So try this method and let me kno if it works for u aswell. Im guessing that when i installed a older flash and shut it down froyo must have sum how realized it was there removed it and put theyres back on top and corrected what was wrong before... who knows? I juss know now my browser no longer closes itself on flash sites!!!! :p

If this works for u congrats u save yourself the time of reinstalling everything!!! all i want is the recognition and thanks!!! :D

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate your enthusiasm and posting a potential fix, but there's no need to post the same thing a total of 19 times in different threads. Let's keep the discussion here.

Thanks,

Cory

Reactions: rdskl

georges326

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded and installed Froyo OTA last night. Things went well, but I cannot find Flash Player 10.1 anywhere on the phone. Am I missing something? TIA

george

P.S. Found it. did more searching and there it was.

Last edited:

jpena53

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the browser crashing problem because I had like many others had the 2.1 flash 10.1 installed before i updated to froyo, and apparently the 2 patches dont get along. I didnt wanna factory reset so I brainstormed... I decided well I might as well try to reinstall the 2.1 flash again then uninstall it to see if that works so I used droid Explorer to install the old patch and to be safe i installed the flash 10.1 beta release 2 and then after installing them i reset my phone, but when i went to look for them in apps they werent there...
If this works for u congrats u save yourself the time of reinstalling everything!!! all i want is the recognition and thanks!!! :D

Can you post a link of the file you used?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had the browser crashing problem because I had like many others had the 2.1 flash 10.1 installed before i updated to froyo, and apparently the 2 patches dont get along. I didnt wanna factory reset so I brainstormed... I decided well I might as well try to reinstall the 2.1 flash again then uninstall it to see if that works so I used droid Explorer to install the old patch and to be safe i installed the flash 10.1 beta release 2 and then after installing them i reset my phone, but when i went to look for them in apps they werent there... (they were there before i reset, i juss reset to make sure the changes saved.) so i tried a flash app, and it worked, and my browser no longer crashes. Weird right. So try this method and let me kno if it works for u aswell. Im guessing that when i installed a older flash and shut it down froyo must have sum how realized it was there removed it and put theyres back on top and corrected what was wrong before... who knows? I juss know now my browser no longer closes itself on flash sites!!!! :p

That's because that 2.1 Flash 10.1 hack was a fake. It was actually Flash Lite repackaged with the 10.1 name. Thus, during the update, it thinks flash is already installed, and when the browser tries to load it, it freaks out.

Why people installed that in the first place I'll never know, but I put part of the blame on the poor editorial work of Android Central for leaving that article up despite being informed time and again that it was fake and broken.

jpena53

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It worked like a charm! Thanks. I had to email it to myself and then click install from the email to get it install. It wouldn't for some reason off the SD card install, no clue.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I put part of the blame on the poor editorial work of Android Central for leaving that article up despite being informed time and again that it was fake and broken.

Android Central, huh? Did you email Jerry and let him know? He posted a screenshot of what his device reported the version of flash to be. He then linked to the source thread at XDA. I'm not sure if he continued to read through all 28 pages of thread after he reported it. He also asked people to test and see, which was not an acknowledgement that it was guaranteed to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma