Evo 4G Quality Control Issues

treo650-ssr

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow this has been some ride. I love my Evo, but....... My family had 2 iphones and I had a Palm Pre. We all jumped on the Evo (with my nudge, nudge). Well I got my Evo first. Noticed the light leakage problem. I returned it within 30 days with no problems. My oldest daughters Evo started resetting itself after only 2 weeks. She lost contacts, texts and it would just shut off without reason. We exchanged it within 30 days. Now her new phone has a broken USB port after only 1 week and it won't charge. Took it back to sprint -whoopie I can pay $100 insurance for a new one since they say it is physical damage! I called HTC customer support they will issue an RMA number to send it in for repairs.....3-7 business days. Jeez. Now my youngest daughters phone would not turn on this morning after the 2.2 update. Took it to sprint and they said it is FRIED! They are going to replace that phone, but is will take 2 days to get it. Oh and my wifes phone only goes dim when it is charging, the screen will not go all the way off unless you hit the off button. If she gets a text during charging, the screen comes back on. So much for HTC quality and quality control. 4 out of 4 phones. WOW 100% problems. Now the girls want their iphones back. Too late they already went to the sprint buyback program. I'm not very popular at the house these days!

ballsout

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Mine leaks light at the bottom too but I have a case on it. And the battery door doesnt sit flush but that's about it. I have the best buy insurance so I ain't tripping

Last edited:

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
sorry to hear about your issues but for the amount of phones Sprint has sold, Id say the number of evos with actual legitimate problems is low percentage wise.

treo650-ssr

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I talked to someone in Sprint Management. He stated that on July 27th it was reported that a small number of HTC Evo's have a problem the "USB port durability". So If you have problems with your port coming loose make sure to tell them to look it up on thier computer. Apparantly the Manager had access to more information than the repair techs.

Kasracer

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow. See, my wife went through 3 Pres and I went through 5 before we both got fed up and went to the EVO with zero hardware issues thus far.

That's too bad.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I also have the same Evo since launch. No complaints. Thanks to Sprint and HTC for a great piece of technology.

treo650-ssr

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I went to Sprint for great their prices and they do have top notch phones. I have been very pleased with customer service. Even though HTC seems to have quality issues (that I have experienced) I will not give up my Evo. This is the best phone I have ever owned. Evo was great on vacation. Making room reservations, finding things to do and finding good places to eat. I don't know how a ever did without it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance