Am I gona be a pain in the *** if I wait???

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I can't take all this in about the new update.

I just tweaked the hell out of mine and the wife's phone and spent some good $$ on apps.

I would like to maybe WAIT till most of the issues are either solved or fixed.

But I risk being the guy asking all the same Qs 3 weeks from now that everyone is doing now...

Anyone else waiting???

OR, is the update worth it to have right now???

daving313

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
There are little to no issues for 99.9% of the people using the new update. A lot of the issues you read here are sometimes due to user error or lack of knowledge.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I can't take all this in about the new update.

I just tweaked the hell out of mine and the wife's phone and spent some good $$ on apps.

I would like to maybe WAIT till most of the issues are either solved or fixed.

But I risk being the guy asking all the same Qs 3 weeks from now that everyone is doing now...

Anyone else waiting???

OR, is the update worth it to have right now???

I haven't had any issues with the update so far. What were you worried about specifically? I personally haven't read any of the "problems" threads since I seem to be good for now.

jgladstone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The update is seamless. You should see ZERO changes to your customizations and apps. Do it already. The complaints you hear are largely from folks who messed something up.

joshw9805

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Great thread! Everything makes perfect sense unless you have a rooted phone and you are waiting for the updated root program like Unrevoked3 before upgrading to Froyo, i would love to update, but I'm a recent EVO convert that rooted his phone the same day and am still unclear about the unrooting process, I hear a new update with Unrevoked may be the answer.

marclile

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Great thread! Everything makes perfect sense unless you have a rooted phone and you are waiting for the updated root program like Unrevoked3 before upgrading to Froyo, i would love to update, but I'm a recent EVO convert that rooted his phone the same day and am still unclear about the unrooting process, I hear a new update with Unrevoked may be the answer.

if you're rooted now, you can just flash one of the new roms that are based off of the new 2.2 update. that is, if you have "full" root anyway.

Kasracer

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The update is seamless. You should see ZERO changes to your customizations and apps. Do it already. The complaints you hear are largely from folks who messed something up.
Not all though. My Gmail and Google Apps Mail stopped being pushed after my upgrade. A day later it started working again. Not sure what I could do wrong there...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay