1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Shouldn't the light work wirh my camcorder with 2.2?

The flashlight immediately goes off when I leave the app.

There's a button in the camcorder app that turns on the flash just hit that and the flash will stay on.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primetimeplaya View Post
    The flashlight immediately goes off when I leave the app.
    Curious, why would you want the camcorder still functioning after you leave the app?

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by coolqf View Post
    Curious, why would you want the camcorder still functioning after you leave the app?
    It sounds like the OP was thinking that he/she was supposed to use the built-in Flashlight app in 2.2 for the LED light when using the camcorder.

So, if he/she is leaving the Flashlight app to then open up the camcorder, then the light would, indeed, turn off.

CC
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    There's a button in the camcorder app that turns on the flash just hit that and the flash will stay on.
    I don't see that button in the camcorder.

when you open the camcorder app, on the screen there is a symbol that looks like a lightning bolt. Press that- turns on flask. If I have helped you, hit the thanks button.
    Thanked by:

If you're using the main camera (the one on the back), it's either in the lower right or upper right corner (depending on how you have the phone oriented). It has the same lightning-bolt icon that it uses for the flash on the still camera.

If you're using the secondary camera (the one on the front), the button isn't displayed (since there really isn't a good reason to turn on the LEDs when using the front camera).
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks to all that tried to help. I feel like an ***** because it was right there. I had always associated that button with the camera only.