I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet to my Evo 4g to access the internet

boomersooner93

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to connect my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet to my Evo 4g to access the internet.....not having any luck! Please help. Is this even possible? I don't want to hookup the hotspot, because I already have unlimited internet on my phone

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you want to tether as mentioned, via usb.

The hotspot option is the best bet, and probably the easiest way.

On my at&t all share plan, the hotspot data is drawn from the alloted amount on my account. Hotspot is included for free due to the type of account.

Tethering is a whole other ball of wax, as some say. The carriers will want you to subscribe to a tethering feature to "legally" do this, but I am sure someone has an answer that involves rooting a device and sideloading software.

Good luck.

It's not wrong to fondle the s pen.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
On custom ROMs, they tend to edit the file to allow Tethering/Hotspot for free on the system app.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

boomersooner93

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I have Sprint and the hotspot option is in addition to what I already have, which is unlimited for my phone only! Hopefully someone will have a great cure for me!! Just hate to spend an additional $20-50 a month! :)

boomersooner93

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Where would I find that? I have an Evo 4g. Sounds like a great option! Is it a play store app or is it in my phone?

- - - Updated - - -

USB or even HDMI. Not really sure what will work.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that can help :) Not real savvy on forums!! Sorry if I am doing it wrong. :( Please help if you can.

As far as I know, there are apps on the Play Store you can purchase or download for free, but I have never used one. I just modded and it was already unlocked and I used the HTC Hotspot app.

I can help you mod, kinda, but you're better off asking someone with more of a Samsung expertise to guide you better. And maybe someone who can help you with an app.

Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Whoops, I failed. Thanks for pointing it out Benny. :)

As for the EVO 4G, there are a lot of ROMs for that phone, and most of them have the WiFi Hotspot unlocked for free.

Although, it doesn't hurt to donate to the devs if they did a good job.

Sent from my HTC Vivid Borked using Android Central Forums

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Download and install PDANET on both phone and tablet You will also need FOXFI Follow the instructions with both and check online at the PDANET site for more info. I have linked my phone and tablet with a usb cable and by Bluetooth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech