Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Early Froyo adopters

So I was one of the early adopters of the Sunday Froyo release. Probably over excited b/c I had just gotten it on Thursday and going to my keyboard and typing in the address to download it was the only thing that I put the phone down and stopped petting it for.
    Needless to say, now I'm not in compliance or out of the norm according to HTC who is "working hard" on getting me back in line with their supported releases.
    Any word on a way to get the official and final build OTA release on this beauty? If I rooted my phone, could I use recovery to flash the official release to my precious?
    tia
    @dboftlp

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Default Re: Early Froyo adopters

Frankly, with all the issues I've seen from the "official" update, I may hang back on my unofficial .3 thank you very much.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

I'm with you too... early adopter trapped on .3.

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    Frankly, with all the issues I've seen from the "official" update, I may hang back on my unofficial .3 thank you very much.

you dont have a choice at this point do you? and I have the official update and it has been 100% trouble free

Global Posts
    833 Global Posts

Default Re: Early Froyo adopters

Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
    you dont have a choice at this point do you? and I have the official update and it has been 100% trouble free
    I absolutely have a choice. I can flash back to 2.1 and get the update. Or take it to a Sprint store and let them do it, I'm choosing not to at present.

If we can't flash back to 1.47, with all the resources of the xda community, then no Sprint store can either. Trust me on this.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    I absolutely have a choice. I can flash back to 2.1 and get the update. Or take it to a Sprint store and let them do it, I'm choosing not to at present.

How are you flashing back to 2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by dboftlp View Post
    So I was one of the early adopters of the Sunday Froyo release. Probably over excited b/c I had just gotten it on Thursday and going to my keyboard and typing in the address to download it was the only thing that I put the phone down and stopped petting it for.
    Needless to say, now I'm not in compliance or out of the norm according to HTC who is "working hard" on getting me back in line with their supported releases.
    Any word on a way to get the official and final build OTA release on this beauty? If I rooted my phone, could I use recovery to flash the official release to my precious?
    tia
    @dboftlp
    Roll back from 2.2 version .3 to 2.1 and then do an upgrade to 2.2 version .6 and then later in the month or early September Sprint rolls out a special .7 or .8 version for all the people still on .3..... Then all the people with .6 will start threads "What's the difference between .6 and .7" and "How do I go from .6 to .7" and then "Can I roll back to 2.1 and then manually update to .3 so that I can OTA to .7"

Please.... it's all the same.. The Froyo 2.2 build for the Motorola Droid line of phones at Verizon will be totally different than the Froyo 2.2 build for Sprint and the EVO and I am sure when the Epic comes out and gets upgraded to 2.2 it won't be the same build number either... If it works it works.... Leave it alone....

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

There was a Sunday release? Lol?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Cool Doh...

Quote Originally Posted by pwnst_r View Post
    There was a Sunday release? Lol?
    Yea, I know, it was Friday, right? Whatever... .3, you know what I meant.

Since then I've flashed to the .6 update with the leaked RUU found on xda (LINK!)
    It worked flawlessly and since I use AppBrain, getting everything back on my phone was a breeze. Backed up my SD card JIC and flashed RUU.
    just FYI, it does wipe your phone back to factory, but does not do anything to the contents on your SD.

kthxbai
    Last edited by dboftlp; 08-07-2010 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added RUU link on xda

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts

You can download the full rom from xda and flash it from your pc in 10 minutes and be official. I did it from .3 to full.6 and it is running like the .3.