Question about Flash after 2.2 upgrade

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
This may sound like a silly question but here goes:

After updating to 2.2, is there a need to still install the flash 10.1? For some reason it's on the market but I assume it only shows up for phones that are 2.2 or higher. If it comes with the upgrade, is it only there if you erase it for some reason?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It's already installed in 2.2 Go to Settings > applications > manage applications > all and you'll see i there, Adobe Flash Player 10.1

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
HTC must have bundled flash with the froyo update, cause the nexus froyo update does not come with flash, and required to install it from the market after the upgrade. You sure It's not flash lite pre installed? I'd install the market version anyway.

gordo2dope

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i did the 2.2 rooted rom update they supplied here, it shows flash installed, but does not work for me. Even if i go to the flash website for demos it says device not supported and install flash player, even thought its clearly installed. Im not complaining, just adding in some extra info here.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
This is weird. My flash works fine. All the flash sites work as expected. I am running the rooted version of the OTA HTC 2.2.

I never installed flash from the market and I when I go to Settings-> Applications -> Manage Applications its not listed there. Yet it works fine.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It does come pre installed on the Froyo build. My phone is not rooted or anything and it is on there. The thing in the market is a Flash Showcase. It is just an app with a bunch of flash movies.

Check this Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All (tab at the top)

It should be listed as Adobe Flash Player 10.1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38