Browser hangs while loading page

cd23murray

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
EVO 4g with SteelRom and I started seeing the issue today as well (even across wifi tethering). Tried adfree and that didn't really solve the issue for me

lbjames231

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My uncle just got his EVO last week and I got mine 2 months ago. My EVO hasn't had any problems with how fast anything downloads, but his EVO is noticeably much slower than mine. We tried loading up the same YouTube video with the YouTube app, and my phone played the video with no hitches while his phone failed to load the video at all.

I'm not sure what the problem is as I cleared his cache and force stopped unnecessary running apps. He's going to take it to Sprint today to see what the problem is. It has to be something on their end because my phone works fine.

evoKY

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it worked! So I'll need to mess around with Addfree every time I flash my EVO?

As long as you wipe data, cache and dalvik you shouldn't have to. Myn's RLS5 has the adfree host file loaded with the ROM..but unfortunately the ad free app wasn't included with the ROM for when it needed to be updated. I still love the ROM though and use it as my daily driver! I recently flashed the Epic to TrulyEpic rebirth which also has the same set-up but the App was included.

reverendrhino

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, this worked for me too.
This is also happening on my phone with Myn's RLS5. I've tried every browser and on 3G and Wifi, still happening. Clearing all the caches etc doesn't work either. It started last night and is still occurring.

EDIT: I found the solution... Go into the Market and install AdFree. Update the host file and reboot to clear DNS, everything back to normal. Myn's is preloaded with the Adfree host file and it became outdated.

pigfqr

Banned
Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I just checked Wi-Fi, and the issue has been cleared up there as well. I'll have to wait to get home to check 4g, but I anticipate no issues.

jwinn35

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine my wifes and my friends all started doing the same thing a few days ago as well. Thing is my wife has only had the sprint lovers rom and my friend has never had myns either. I was the only one who actually had myn's. I hope the fix works for me ill update and let you know.

UPDATE: Worked great for me and my friends now I have to see about my wifes when she gets home.

Last edited:

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Mine started doing this last week. PRL and Profile update didn't work for me either. I was so annoyed, I made Opera Mini my default browser. I wonder what caused the change?
Btw, my phone is stock.

Last edited:

Sener

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had the same problems recenttly, but on some days it would load as normal, other times it would hang. I have a stock Evo

mbeezy

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
My Evo has done this from day one. It only does it with A/C webstite. I have an stock Evo 4G. It does it on wi-fi, 4g, or 3g.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with AC only. I just noticed this behavior on my Evo this morning. While AC is certainly affected, so is the full Gizmodo site for me. Downloads and mobile sites seem to be working well. YouTube isn't. Not really sure what could be wrong, but based on this thread, I haven't really seen anything in common among everyone with the issue.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Just started for me a few days ago, too, and AdFree seems to have made things better, if not completely resolved it. Doesn't matter what browser I use. What's strange is the my wife's LG Optimus S works fine, with no slow downs or hangs at all.

I'm using the SprintLovers ROM, my wife's LG is bone stock, unrooted.

Alex_Portnoy

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
What is AdFree and what company makes it? I've been searching it in the Google Play Store and all I'm finding are paid versions of many other apps, because the paid versions would be free of advertising.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey