Odd happening with Swype lately...

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to my man Dave on here I was able to find my fix regarding Swype working properly on 2.2 but I have encountered another issue. Any time I do a battery pull or power my phone off Swype seems to not want to work and I have to uninstall and reinstall. Anyone else encounter this or find a fix?

abisai

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to my man Dave on here I was able to find my fix regarding Swype working properly on 2.2 but I have encountered another issue. Any time I do a battery pull or power my phone off Swype seems to not want to work and I have to uninstall and reinstall. Anyone else encounter this or find a fix?

It's a bug with 2.2 at the moment. Instead of reinstalling each time just change your input method back to the default then back to Swype again. That should do the trick. At least it does on my phone. :cool:

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i posted a workaround for this yesterday, it's rather annoying but all you have to do is go into settings- language and keyboard and disable swype, then reenable swype and select it under input method and it works again....

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a bug with 2.2 at the moment. Instead of reinstalling each time just change your input method back to the default then back to Swype again. That should do the trick. At least it does on my phone. :cool:

i posted a workaround for this yesterday, it's rather annoying but all you have to do is go into settings- language and keyboard and disable swype, then reenable swype and select it under input method and it works again....

Thanks a lot guys. Much appreciated!

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
no problem, i just hope they release it already and make it full version. I can't type without using swype... it takes too damn long.. lol

tekguy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What version of Swype are you using? I'm on 1.56.30.7625 and after 2.2 I had to uninstall and reinstall once but since then I can turn my phone off and on all day have Swype still works.

feet

May 20, 2010
Visit site
it completely stops working for me after a reboot or a long period without using the keyboard but i thought it was because i was rooted hehe o_O

the input menu change fix works well and is fairly quick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress