Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Odd happening with Swype lately...

Thanks to my man Dave on here I was able to find my fix regarding Swype working properly on 2.2 but I have encountered another issue. Any time I do a battery pull or power my phone off Swype seems to not want to work and I have to uninstall and reinstall. Anyone else encounter this or find a fix?

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

wait for Swype to update their software to work with 2.2?
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

Quote Originally Posted by jamesedward318 View Post
    Thanks to my man Dave on here I was able to find my fix regarding Swype working properly on 2.2 but I have encountered another issue. Any time I do a battery pull or power my phone off Swype seems to not want to work and I have to uninstall and reinstall. Anyone else encounter this or find a fix?
    It's a bug with 2.2 at the moment. Instead of reinstalling each time just change your input method back to the default then back to Swype again. That should do the trick. At least it does on my phone.
    Thanked by:

i posted a workaround for this yesterday, it's rather annoying but all you have to do is go into settings- language and keyboard and disable swype, then reenable swype and select it under input method and it works again....
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by abisai View Post
    It's a bug with 2.2 at the moment. Instead of reinstalling each time just change your input method back to the default then back to Swype again. That should do the trick. At least it does on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 TypeS DC5 View Post
    i posted a workaround for this yesterday, it's rather annoying but all you have to do is go into settings- language and keyboard and disable swype, then reenable swype and select it under input method and it works again....
    Thanks a lot guys. Much appreciated!

no problem, i just hope they release it already and make it full version. I can't type without using swype... it takes too damn long.. lol
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

What version of Swype are you using? I'm on 1.56.30.7625 and after 2.2 I had to uninstall and reinstall once but since then I can turn my phone off and on all day have Swype still works.

my version is 1.56.30.7625.t100

it completely stops working for me after a reboot or a long period without using the keyboard but i thought it was because i was rooted hehe o.O

the input menu change fix works well and is fairly quick.

Question, so the Droid X and Samsung Galaxy S series have swype. Are those beta versions too?
    If I were never here, you would never know.

if i'm correct those are full release because they come w/ it preinstalled on the phone.