Just got my EVO & have some questions.

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So I've got some things and since I just switched from WebOS to the EVO last night, I'm familiar with software bugs in updates, but am not sure if some of these are already documented or are even Froyo based, so please bare with me.

I am finding that my contacts recognize each other as 'linkable' if they are my google contacts and match the name of my FB contacts. They for some reason do not sync together, so I have to manually check each contact I want to. Another thing that seems really weird is I am finding some contacts have many listings available as if they are the same addresses I used to see in FB chat entries on WebOS. I do not have any FB chat apps, so it makes me wonder if the device is caching these entries EACH time I go to the full FB site maybe????

Regarding going to the full site, I am not able to get the VKB to pop for doing a status update, anyone else finding this?

Next I am not sure if this is related to Froyo or my unfamiliarity with Android, but only smileys I enter show as icons, whereas my incoming texts just show the punctuations. Is there a fix for this?

Last thing is less an issue than a straight question I'm hoping someone can answer quickly while replying to the rest of my post.....is there a way to download YouTube videos so I can watch them later or so I don't have to worry about how good my data connection is?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Also got some new things I noticed in using the EVO more last night and today.

Keyboard functionality: is there a way to delete groups of words at a time? I noticed the cursor speeds up after holding it down for a bit, but there either has to be or seriously should be a faster way to delete blocks of words.

Also more of a report than a question, but Flash seems to have quite choppy video, even if the sound is great.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Bigfire8,

For your contact issue, that's managed under accounts & sync and it's tied to the actual facebook application, not just visiting the web site. You can adjust what to sync in the fb app.

I'm not sure why you have multiple addresses listed but you can see what's being stored online at your google account, just login to gmail and click on contacts on the left hand side to manage them. (I had some data left over here from previous contact updates)

About your smileys, I'm not sure if you're talking about text messaging, if so I would recommend you checkout chompSMS or handcent, they're both replacement SMS apps available in the market. You'll have to disable notifications in the default app for messaging by loading it up and going to menu > settings > notifications

I'm not sure about the YouTube app...

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Also got some new things I noticed in using the EVO more last night and today.

Keyboard functionality: is there a way to delete groups of words at a time? I noticed the cursor speeds up after holding it down for a bit, but there either has to be or seriously should be a faster way to delete blocks of words.

Also more of a report than a question, but Flash seems to have quite choppy video, even if the sound is great.

I would signup for a swype beta, I'm not sure about the default keyboard I didn't use it for all that long.

And for flash video syncing have you tried different connections, like WiFi or just 3G? does it happen all the time?