Unable to save e-mails in POP account since Froyo update

meorime

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I've been unable to find anything similar to what I'm experiencing, but my husband is having the same issue, so at least there's one more.

Here's the details:

I use the HTC Sense Mail app. In there are multiple Gmail accounts and my main account via Comcast.net, which is default.

I have it set to leave mail on server because I use Thunderbird on my desktop as the main archive for my e-mail.

That said, there's some e-mails I like to keep saved on my Evo for reference.

Since the Froyo update, as soon as I check my e-mail in Thunderbird, ANY Comcast e-mail in my HTC Sense Mail inbox vanishes.

Poof. I tested it out and watched it happen.

I lost all the ones I'd been saving after the update was in place.

I can't seem to find any setting related to this, or anyone else having a similar complaint. I just know it's making me crazy.

Am I alone, or any of you having a similar issue?

Many thanks!
-M

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife is experiencing the same problem since the update i have not been able to find a setting to correct it. Any one have ideas

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My wife is experiencing the same problem since the update i have not been able to find a setting to correct it. Any one have ideas
Fred

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
a fix is when using outlook to save the email on the server but my dad doesn't like to do that, i don't know about you guys but you can try doing that...

this problem came with froyo btw it wasn't like thisbefore

R32_Rocky

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Does your Thunderbird download the messages when you check your mail? That would be why they disappear off your phone. Only way as mentioned, would be to set TB to leave the mail on the server. But that can become another mess.

Perhaps if there was a program to convert e-mail to text, then you could save them that way to your SD card.

But trust me! After trying the Samsung Galaxy S phones, there is NO e-mail program as good as our Sense UI one!!!!!! The Samsung mail was horrible, the K-9 program was basically a copy (so just as bad), and Maildriod was the worst!!!!!

meorime

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Does your Thunderbird download the messages when you check your mail? That would be why they disappear off your phone. Only way as mentioned, would be to set TB to leave the mail on the server. But that can become another mess.

Perhaps if there was a program to convert e-mail to text, then you could save them that way to your SD card.

But trust me! After trying the Samsung Galaxy S phones, there is NO e-mail program as good as our Sense UI one!!!!!! The Samsung mail was horrible, the K-9 program was basically a copy (so just as bad), and Maildriod was the worst!!!!!

Before Froyo, HTC Sense Mail downloaded a copy from the server that I could keep. It wasn't acting like a glorified web browser. Even with WiFi disabled and up in an airplane with no connectivity, I could look at those saved e-mails - they were local.

Now, it seems like the HTC Sense Mail app simply "looks" at the Comcast mail, and there's now way to truly download it to my device...?

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is happening to my wife but not me and we both use the same POP server and settings (different accounts). The only difference is that I also have a gmail and Exchange account on my phonel This started with Froyo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2