youtube

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Go to your desk top version through your browser. Works better for me. Save as a bookmark. The app version too me isn't really that good. It needs a serious update!

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Go to your desk top version through your browser. Works better for me. Save as a bookmark. The app version to me isn't really that good. It needs a serious update!

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yea mine played fine the few times I used it.

As far as the DL option, youtube never had that option even on PCs. You needed a plugin or another site to paste the link to allow a DL, but they did away with that a long time ago.
I have a plugin toolbar on my desktop that allows me to save stuff like that though.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working ok if I use the app itself. Is the OP talking about trying to use it to play a video from the Facebook app? Because that's not working that great.

If you try that, you'll get a "Sorry, this video cannot be played. This video is not available on mobile" message.

Oddly though, the videos I was having that issue with yesterday are working today. But new videos posted to Facebook today (from Youtube) get that message. Something is amiss there.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had some problems with the YouTube videos since the Froyo update. Some videos when I click on them in the app give me the following error:

Sorry, this video cannot be played.
This video is not available on mobile.

Sometimes trying again on the same video it will work. I have no way to know if they worked before the update or not but don't remember ever having a video not play and I don't think I ever got that message before. In the moblile version of YouTube, it shows the play screen for the video but pressing the play button doesn't work.

In the non-mobile web site, the same videos play just fine. I wonder if it has to do with the flash update? Maybe that "Flash lite" made it work better before.

Here is a link to a video that always gives me the errors mentioned above but works in the full web site on the phone. YouTube - ‪Windjammers kite team, 4 stacks of Dynakite, Dieppe08‬‎

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
just remembered on my Pre, it was a patch to be able to download videos from YouTube.....calling all hackers of the EVO: anyone developed a patch to do this???

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just did a google search of the error message and it seems to be a common problem that has been around for a while and on other devices. No solutions though.

Last edited:

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I remember getting that error message once before, but I haven't gotten it in a while. If you find the cause of this, let us know. by the way, this happened to me before the update. I haven't seen it since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress