Sluggish Since Update to Froyo

Mister OX

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I updated to froyo, and ever since the update sms message application is slow, the orientation is slow (changing from standard to landscape) and a few other factory installed aps are moving slow. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
my guess is user error. what apps and custom settings?

factory reset then load your apps and change to your custom settings by one top find the culprit.

there is a price to be paid if you want to tinker too much.

Mister OX

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I haven't done any tinkering with the device. Sprint pushed the Froyo update out to my Evo. I only have applications installed from the Market. Phone worked just fine and quick prior to the update, but now it's slow.

So how would this be "user" error?

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
But it could be related to an app. Mine was a little sluggish after the update but then started running OK after I did a reset (not factory, just off/on). Unfortunately, one or more programs you have running may not work well with 2.2.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset.. I think that's always the best advice when upgrading to an newer OS version. Starting fresh is always good.

SdotJ

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My advice would be to do a factory reset. It seems to rid most of there issues post froyo.
Update...... beat me to it. Lol

Orlandocano

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Factory reset works... I posted this on the SMS app lag thread... I did factory reset and now phone is working perfectly... I had severe lag on messaging app and now it's faster than ever.. Also, threes an app called mybackup that is free for one month... You can do a backup onto the app and get apps, call logs, SMS, mms, home settings restored in a matter of minutes... Perform backup to app, do factory reset, then redownload my backup and do a restore... Every single setting won't come back to the way you have it now but it will be close... And your phone performance will be better than ever, I guarantee it..

PREvision

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
When I upgraded to Froyo, my phone was brand (replacement) so I had not installed anything yet. I think it is not as smooth as 2.1. Do you think a factory reset would make any difference? I mean the phone was already running a fresh 2.1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles