"Ear" dialing: (EVO mind of its own). HELP!

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
While placing calls (with phone against ear), it appears my phone started calling another person (like "butt-dialing", but with my ear).

INTERESTING:
EVEN if you press the power button to turn off the display while in a call, the screen will sometimes wake back up. However, I don't see anything on the screen that would have cause my phone to call another person.

So, HOW DO I PREVENT THIS?

Note: I do NOT use the lock screen feature; I use NOLOCK so I can use the volume up/down to wake-up the phone. Did no-lock cause this, or is this a common EVO or android problem?

Thanks for any tips & tricks (other than use a headset which I normally use).

-Mike

EvilBore

Aug 6, 2010
jpjsystems.com
Ghosts!

Have you recently cleaned your screen? A couple nights ago I did and I couldn't press anything, or when I tried to, random things were happening, like what you are saying.

If that's not the case, then I am not sure what is happening.

Just a thought though... My phone worked fine after about 10 minutes, it was odd.

Sent from my Evo

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
i sometimes go into contacts or call history while on a call and have to use the back button to get back to the call screen to end the call. actually this happens alot. probably more than half the time i'm on the phone. could be i'm holding the phone so that the sensor isn't activated at some point so the screen comes back on idk. its annoying though to be sure. i don't use a screen protector or a case. before the 2.2 update that was probably my only real complaint about the phone. i'm just commiserating though, i don't have any solution for the prob. sorry

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector or case either.

The comment about the proximity censor seems to be relevant.

I wonder if it was the angle I was holding the phone? (I may have turned my head to see something).

I wonder if maybe the screen turned back on as a result of the censor not thinking it was next to my head.

BIG QUESTION:
Even if the screen came back on, I guess the only sequence which could have caused the dial was MENU | ADD CALL,

So, maybe it wasn't "EAR" dialing, but chin then cheek dialing??

Mike

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just your face hitting the screen and hitting random buttons. If I am not mistaken, my screen has also come on sometimes when in a call. It happens if I turn my head away from the phone or something like that.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like it.

I'm surprised there's not a way for the phone to stay off till you hit the power button or something.

Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1