Help with Vonage and EVO - Strange Problem

jgladstone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I have been using Vonage for years now....no problems. I havel always had my home voice mail messages forwarded to my smartphone for listening. This is done via email and vonage sends the voicemail as a .wav file. I received these normally with my EVO on Android 2.1

Since the update to Froyo 2.2.....the program that EVO brings up to listen to the voicemail message (.wav file) says that it cannot read that file type. I can no longer listen to my voice mail messages.

I'm hoping that someone else has experienced this and solved. I am at a loss. Thanks in advance for your help.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why people are having this problem just surface now with 2.2, I couldn't listen to my wav voicemail even in 2.1. The problem is certain types of wav files that Google refuses to support in the O/S.

Anyway, the solution is an app in the market called "Remote Wave" but it'll cost ya $3.

Phrozen2nd

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm still on 2.1 and I have never had a problem listening to my Vonage voice mails. If this is true problem with 2.2, I will not be at a complete lost because I have visual voice mail through Vonage also. Sorry I can't offer anymore assistance.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can personally confirm that, before 2.2, .wav attachments from Vonage via gmail worked perfectly. Now, in 2.2, they are no longer supported. Don't know if this was a deliberate change or a bug, however.

As mentioned above, Remote Wave will do the job but you'll have to pay the $3.

As for Vonage Visual Voice Mail, I like it and it's a great feature to have but the transcription accurracy is spotty at best. For any messages longer than a sentence or two, you still need to listen to the actual message to verify the context. And, even if it transcribed perfectly, it only transcribes the 1st minute of a message -- anything longer and you need to listen.

jgladstone

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. I knew that I wasn't the only one. HTC...r u listening? Please fix....wav files should be a no brainer.

nedfp

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Same with Incredible

It is a Vonage issue. It is not a "true" wav file. The same thing happened to me on a Motorola Q. They use some kind of compression.

jcole01272

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It is a Vonage issue. It is not a "true" wav file. The same thing happened to me on a Motorola Q. They use some kind of compression.

Not so, I also get voicemails sent to my email from my office phone that have no compression (trust me, like 3 v/m's and my inbox is full) and they are no longer playable either. With 2.2 the ability to play any type of .wav file natively was lost..

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Correct,in that no .wav files can b played. I have clearwire phone service, same thing, 2.1 worked ok, 2.2 DOES NOT Sprint rep says "working on it". Believe it when I see it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7