Merged messaging app for 4G Evo?

JacobMiW

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So being a Blackberry user for two years, one thing I loved about it was how I had e-mails, facebook notifications, and SMS/MMS all in one folder. The other night, I noticed that I needed this ability back ASAP because I didn't come home until 5am from drinking and my mom, who was trying to get ahold of me through e-mail, was upset I didn't reply. I do know about the GMail app but I liked the Blackberry where it would just blink everytime I got a new message.

So therefore, what apps do you recommend for my messaging needs, especially one that could put everything in one folder like a widget?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not aware of any apps that aggregate everything together like that (mostly because people generally DON'T want that).

You can selectively enable/disable the message light indicator though, if you want to make sure it blinks for emails only.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As of right now there is nothing that will give you what Blackberry offers. There are a few apps that make an attempt at it but fall short IMO. Otherwise you can manually refresh your email account and look for new mail.

If it was that important, why didn't your mom just call you?

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If it was that important, why didn't your mom just call you?

Myself who enjoys partaking in cocktails pretty much every friday night has the experience that when my wife trys to call me I can't hear the ringing of the phone over the music playing in the bar, thus when she needs to get in touch with me she too either emails me or texts me, because I am always looking at my phone to see if I got any texts or emails.. Those little numbers that show who called in the phone log are a little hard to read at 2am after 7 hours of drinking...

Sorry for being off topic here..

jmackd1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I put my phone on vibrate when I'm out in the bars after 12 - 13 beers. I have a hard time focusing on the keyboard and can't type in the phone number. My wife suggested this after I was too drunk to figure out how to answer the phone.