Backing up date

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I apologize for asking this because im sure this has been discussed. I want to backup my EVO. I've read through some threads and I know it's possible to do it. But I've yet to read one post that says all app's mainly purchased apps can be backed up so that I can re-install without having to repurchase them. I'm sure it can be done but I want to be sure and well I don't know how. :(

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You can hard reset, flash new ROM's, and even switch to a different phone, and your apps will still be in the market apps download screen without you having to repurchase them. That said, free apps that you previously installed may not show up in the market apps download list. That's why I always recommend using the sync feature in an app called AppBrain. What you might lose is application data/settings. Some apps provide native functionality for exporting settings to the SD card, making recovery easier. If you are rooted MyBackup Pro or Titanium backup can also export app settings.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
First, assuming you bought through the market, you won't have to re-purchase your apps. Your app purchases are tied to your google account, so if you re-install to the same phone, or another phone tied to the same account, you'll be able to re-download without paying for them again.

As far as backup, Titanium Backup and MyBackup are both very good, but I think you have to be rooted in order to backup applications with Titanium backup. Without root, it'll back up all your data, but not apps. I believe MyBackup Pro will back up apps even if you're not rooted. If I'm wrong about this, someone will correct me, I'm sure. In any case, there's a 30 day free trial version of MyBackup you can use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey