Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default EVO Replacement Phone = HTC A9292. Same?

I'm getting a replacement phone from Sprint and it says "HTC A9292 WIMAX BAR HANDSET SINGLE" in the Model name. Is there a difference between the two phones? Has anyone else received a replacement from Sprint with this model name phone?

It's the same thing bro

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    ROM
    cm nightlies

as he said, same thing, just google it
    Google

does no one ever look at the box of their phones before they freak out? Heck no one ever look behind the battery?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajac View Post
    does no one ever look at the box of their phones before they freak out? Heck no one ever look behind the battery?
    No we don't, maybe you should remind everyone in every phone forum to check all the numbers and letters under their battery cover
    Last edited by etexans; 08-08-2010 at 10:12 PM.

I love how people on this forum are so nice, and helpful all the time. Always willing to go the extra mile to answer a question, without demeaning the person asking, whether or not the person answering the questions thinks it's common sense.

Just because your technical knowledge might be better than average, doesn't mean you should write a post FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of making someone feel dumb.

My point, get over yourself.

So funny... Why even comment? I honestly didn't look and read every line on the box of my EVO and I certainly didn't pull the battery and read all the numbers and letters printed behind there either....

I thought forums were hear to ask questions and get answers no matter how stupid they may be????? I know I have asked a dumb question or two and even answered a few myself before any one else did (in a matter of seconds some times)

Just take it easy..... This is suppose to be easy and fun..

Cool

ok, so I just removed MY battery and it says APA9292. So how would someone who does NOT work for a cell phone company know it is the same as a A9292? Geez, some people's kids...

I googled it to find out (I guess I am just another *****..LOL) and read the comments and truly wonder if these forums were started to help people or belittle them for asking a question?

Default Re: EVO Replacement Phone = HTC A9292. Same?

Wow!
    You're an a**. Your parents must be proud!!

Mine came from a guy selling meat out of the back of a truck. Was it supposed to be in a box?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So to answer this question. the phones are not the same.
    If you take apart the screen to swap them out. a WT Bar phone does not have the same screen as the WIMAX Bar Phone screen.
    the third ribbon cable is thinner in size and will not fit and nor work.