EVO Replacement Phone = HTC A9292. Same?

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a replacement phone from Sprint and it says "HTC A9292 WIMAX BAR HANDSET SINGLE" in the Model name. Is there a difference between the two phones? Has anyone else received a replacement from Sprint with this model name phone?

ajac

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
does no one ever look at the box of their phones before they freak out? Heck no one ever look behind the battery?

etexans82

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
does no one ever look at the box of their phones before they freak out? Heck no one ever look behind the battery?

No we don't, maybe you should remind everyone in every phone forum to check all the numbers and letters under their battery cover

Last edited:

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I love how people on this forum are so nice, and helpful all the time. Always willing to go the extra mile to answer a question, without demeaning the person asking, whether or not the person answering the questions thinks it's common sense.

Just because your technical knowledge might be better than average, doesn't mean you should write a post FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE of making someone feel dumb.

My point, get over yourself.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

So funny... Why even comment? I honestly didn't look and read every line on the box of my EVO and I certainly didn't pull the battery and read all the numbers and letters printed behind there either....

I thought forums were hear to ask questions and get answers no matter how stupid they may be????? I know I have asked a dumb question or two and even answered a few myself before any one else did (in a matter of seconds some times)

Just take it easy..... This is suppose to be easy and fun..

krescent

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
ok, so I just removed MY battery and it says APA9292. So how would someone who does NOT work for a cell phone company know it is the same as a A9292? Geez, some people's kids...

I googled it to find out (I guess I am just another idiot..LOL) and read the comments and truly wonder if these forums were started to help people or belittle them for asking a question?

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine came from a guy selling meat out of the back of a truck. Was it supposed to be in a box?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

David Leo1

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
So to answer this question. the phones are not the same.
If you take apart the screen to swap them out. a WT Bar phone does not have the same screen as the WIMAX Bar Phone screen.
the third ribbon cable is thinner in size and will not fit and nor work.