Post-FroYo Browsers: Stock v. Dolphin... v. xScope?!

ddpacino

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks, I just had a question. After 2.2 and the speed bumps to the stock browser, what are you all using? Before, I was using Dolphin HD, and loved it with all the plugins. But since I barely used them, there were just a gimmick to me afterall.

I can notice a speed boost in the stock browser and began using the stock exclusively post-Froyo. I'm rooted (Fresh Evo + netarchy kernel btw), and I was deleting some backups and was indecisive on Dolphin, but I kept it. I am not sure how, but I also found this xScope browser in the market and its a Chrome-themed browser (tab at top, with scrollable toolbar which is neat). After using it, you can really notice how fast this browser is as well.

Using SunSpider benchmark site, I was getting ~5570ms while getting ~7500ms on the stock. Both posted 93/100 on Acid3 test. I just wanted to get more people to notice this new browser I found (REAL chrome look + FASST), but what exactly are you all using post-Froyo? Just want a general consensus. Thanks to all.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I can't really talk much about the x-scope browser since I only tested once for a few minutes. However after the froyo update I decided to use dolphin hd over the stock browser. My reasons were basedon ease of use. I found that dolphin's tabbed browsing was just so much easier to use than the window based browsing. Also I found that dolphin worked better with flash too. I'll check out x-scope too.

Sent from my Evo

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just played with xscope and it was very glitchy. It was having all sorts of pinch-to-zoom problems. That is a deal breaker for me. It has lots of good ideas that would be nice to see in future mobile browsers. It does remind me of chrome a lot too. For now though I think dolphin hd is the most complete and mature browser available.

Sent from my Evo

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was using Dolphin HD before the update and switched back to the stock one because the zooming works better. When I zoom in, it reformats the text into one screen width column almost every time. Dolphin not so much. I found that I really didn't open more than one site at a time so the tabs weren't that necessary. Don't know about the other browser.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney