How its possible to crack a screen, without breaking the glass ( Pics)

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
We all know the phone is glass.
Heres how I destroyed my screen, without cracking the glass.

I had an invisibleshield on :) Fell asleep on the couch that has a recliner mechanism. When I woke up I couldn't put the leg-rest down.. Oh because my phone slipped out of my pocket and decided to fall right in-between the mechanism.

The pressure from my legs actually caused the LCD to crack inside, but the glass itself stayed 100% intact.
attachment.php

attachment.php

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me when i had a palm pre, there was that middle layer, i ran into a corner and it cracked the inside but not the outside. which sucked because i couldn't use the damn thing lol

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Awwww damn dude I feel real bad for you. Well I hope you have the insurance on it. You would have to pay the $100 deductible but at lease it ain't the full phone price. Keep us up to date on how everything is going bro.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Oh it took 2 weeks to get a replacement phone. LUCKILY I had my old sprint phone or I would have been S.O.L The I cant say I had a particularly plesant experience with Asurion, but they did literally send me a brand new phone with EVERYTHING, charger, mem card. Its like they got the phone in, and shipped it right back out with an 003 screen

It came with the OTA update from July also.. 1.47, not the 2.2 update yet.

But of course it got simplerooted and Cyanogen's latest build within minutes.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I cracked the LCD in my Kyocera 7135 3 times from the back. It's a flip design but pressure from the back of the case would cause the internals to push on the back of the LCD and crack it. Typically it would be in my pocket and I would bump into something. Fortunately I had a big supply of extra screens and other parts so it was an easy fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463