Go back to stock 2.1 so I can update OTA????

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
how do I do it???? I had .3 now i did the .6 fix but i want to go back to stock when i bought it and do the ota update.. How do I do it???? Everything I search for is if you have your phone rooted...thanks

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
You haven't searched very hard it seems. Try the stickied threads in this forum. No root required, just a PC and a usb cable.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
how do I do it???? I had .3 now i did the .6 fix but i want to go back to stock when i bought it and do the ota update.. How do I do it???? Everything I search for is if you have your phone rooted...thanks

Why would you want to do that? The RUU is the complete .6 build of Froyo. It is equivalent to taking your windows computer, formatting and then reinstalling windows. I think the fresh install of Froyo is running better than when I did the OTA update from 2.1 to build .3

The only way to do a roll back is going in to a Sprint Corporate store with a service center.

Last edited:

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site

Can you explain what you think you will get out of rolling back...which you can't do...and applying the OTA rather than...using RUU to get to the same place? You will be exactly in the same place you are now.

MRBULLRED

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the .3 to .6 in the sticky.. I noticed I do not have the flashlight widget.. So it made me wonder if anything else was left out... I dont care about root.. I never rooted and do not want to...