Share your "text sig" on sent messages. Here's mine:

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
---Sent from my Android powered EVO 4G mobile super-computer featuring the 1ghz SnapDragon processor on the Sprint network.

I'm interested in rotating mine, just curious what other people use.

-Mike

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Sent From My EVO 4G With Swype.

I generally hate signatures, but I somehow think its appropriate to let people know that you're on your mobile device.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't even have an evo but I can say if I got that long of a sig from someone it would really grind my gears...

ZombieCrisis

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is...

Sent from my handheld cellular mobile device using the intertubes to improve communication.

Not really mine. But the melatonin is kicking in and it seemed funny

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I was looking for a t-shirt which said: "My phone is smarter than your iPhone", but then I got to thinking:

1. People get mugged for iPhones.
2. I'd be a bigger mugging target.

I was actually surprised I had such a hard time finding such a shirt anyway. The cafe press site was cluttered with unrelated android gear, and android swag didn't have much of a selection.

Any particularly funny android shirts anywhere?

Thanks,
Mike

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think I would stop talking to anyone that conversed with me, via text messaging, with a long signature like that or any other for that matter. Most of those signatures would most certainly create multiple text messages, since messages are limited to 160 characters each. And as a recipient, I don't need to know that info. Now, when I'm emailing a certain individual over at TiPB, it's another story :p

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
1) sigs are ridiculous on text messages an, in my opinion, annoying when I get them.

Sent From My EVO 4G With Swype.

I generally hate signatures, but I somehow think its appropriate to let people know that you're on your mobile device.

If you're texting, most people will assume you're on a mobile device, not sending a text via your pc's browser.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
For text messages, sigs are a little weird. I mean, why? text is supposed to be informal, quick communication.

In regard to emails, my sig is, "Sent from my wireless device". This has been my sig for my Palm, my WinMo, and all the other phones I had. I don't find it necessary--especially my professional contacts--for people to know what iteration of what device I'm using. If they want to know that, they can look at facebook and see the "posted from my Android device" thingie that shows up next to my wall updates.

I'm right in between those generations where email--or any written correspondence--is a semi-formal excercise with an introduction, body, and sign-off sections, and the other iGeneration that write me emails with "lol cu later" that is "Sent from my iMustHavePhone". So, I feel it's courtesy, at least for old curmudgeons in their 30s like me, to announce that any terse or impolite seeming email is probably due to the fact it is "Sent from my wireless device" I feel it's a little obnoxious to use it as an epeen feature and broadcast some propaganda about the device I'm using.

MrNolan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just can't stand having a back and forth by text with someone who uses a sig. Reading that sig over and over gets real annoying lol. But i guess to each his/her own. Emails are fine though, in an odd and unexplainable way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463