Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Share your "text sig" on sent messages. Here's mine:

---Sent from my Android powered EVO 4G mobile super-computer featuring the 1ghz SnapDragon processor on the Sprint network.

I'm interested in rotating mine, just curious what other people use.

-Mike

Sent From My EVO 4G With Swype.

I generally hate signatures, but I somehow think its appropriate to let people know that you're on your mobile device.

Mine is:

---Sent on the Now Network from my Sprint htc EVO 4G [Supersonic]

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

I don't even have an evo but I can say if I got that long of a sig from someone it would really grind my gears...

Mine is...

Sent from my handheld cellular mobile device using the intertubes to improve communication.

Not really mine. But the melatonin is kicking in and it seemed funny

Quote Originally Posted by Bond32 View Post
    I don't even have an evo but I can say if I got that long of a sig from someone it would really grind my gears...
    Ha...agreed! Completely lame and ridiculous.

Here's mine.

Yup, I turned that stuff off as soon as I found the setting.

Default Re: Share your "text sig" on sent messages. Here's mine:

Mine below...

----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G because it WAS the droid I was looking for.
    Nexus 5
    Nexus 7
    Nexus 10
    Nexus Q
    Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
    Logitech Revue
    Chromecast
    http://www.arkandroid.com

Mine is "my phone can beat up your phone"
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I was looking for a t-shirt which said: "My phone is smarter than your iPhone", but then I got to thinking:

1. People get mugged for iPhones.
    2. I'd be a bigger mugging target.

I was actually surprised I had such a hard time finding such a shirt anyway. The cafe press site was cluttered with unrelated android gear, and android swag didn't have much of a selection.

Any particularly funny android shirts anywhere?

Thanks,
    Mike

I never knew we could add signatures lol
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I think I would stop talking to anyone that conversed with me, via text messaging, with a long signature like that or any other for that matter. Most of those signatures would most certainly create multiple text messages, since messages are limited to 160 characters each. And as a recipient, I don't need to know that info. Now, when I'm emailing a certain individual over at TiPB, it's another story

ROM
    Evo: CM7

Mine is:

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by netcub View Post

I generally hate signatures, but I somehow think its appropriate to let people know that you're on your mobile device.
    Why?

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

1) sigs are ridiculous on text messages an, in my opinion, annoying when I get them.

Quote Originally Posted by netcub View Post

If you're texting, most people will assume you're on a mobile device, not sending a text via your pc's browser.
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Mine is "Sent from my EVO 4G" and I get responses from people like "Sent from my Crappy PC"

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

For text messages, sigs are a little weird. I mean, why? text is supposed to be informal, quick communication.

In regard to emails, my sig is, "Sent from my wireless device". This has been my sig for my Palm, my WinMo, and all the other phones I had. I don't find it necessary--especially my professional contacts--for people to know what iteration of what device I'm using. If they want to know that, they can look at facebook and see the "posted from my Android device" thingie that shows up next to my wall updates.

I'm right in between those generations where email--or any written correspondence--is a semi-formal excercise with an introduction, body, and sign-off sections, and the other iGeneration that write me emails with "lol cu later" that is "Sent from my iMustHavePhone". So, I feel it's courtesy, at least for old curmudgeons in their 30s like me, to announce that any terse or impolite seeming email is probably due to the fact it is "Sent from my wireless device" I feel it's a little obnoxious to use it as an epeen feature and broadcast some propaganda about the device I'm using.

I just can't stand having a back and forth by text with someone who uses a sig. Reading that sig over and over gets real annoying lol. But i guess to each his/her own. Emails are fine though, in an odd and unexplainable way.

pointless in a text message

After searching & finding this thread, i gotta ask. How do you make a signature?

Here's mine...
    - Ed
    Lengthy sigs stating, where the message was sent from, are pointless.

Smile A little fun

Hey Bond32
    If you don't even have an EVO, then get off the forum unless you have some helpful info. Nothing wrong with someone injecting a little humor in this impersonal electronic age.
    Smile and maybe your "gears" wont get ground so much.

please - no signatures. i hate signatures.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

On top of the fact that signatures drive me nuts in text messages, what's even more frustrating is when someone posts a status on Facebook or Twitter via Text Message and I constantly see "/n" and then whatever their signature is at the end of their status. GRAHHH!!!

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    840 Global Posts

Everyone knows you're on a mobile device for texting, and my God, if you have a text message length's worth of a signature you have issues far more worrisome than this.....lol

Handcent lets you custom your sig for everyone... some get "xo" from me, or just the first letter of my name.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast