Quick RadioTime ?

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
in light of reading the newest article on the splash page. I can assume that my "quick fix" (wifi toggle) for iHeartRadio is going to be more of a long term fix.

Anyone know how Radiotime works on froyo?

I had wanted to avoid having to move all my favorite stations in light of trying to find the national feeds. But I travel alot and like certain shows!

please please let me know.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Works perfectly. In settings, don?t use built in player to stream mp3 as this is less reliable. Overall, great, and considering all the problems with other streaming players (A online radio, cherry radio, etc.) this is reliable and recommended. :D

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Retro Radio free in the app market-

One of my local stations stopped working through shoutcast via Retro Radio, I left a comment on the app and the developer responded with the fix almost immediately-
Highly recommended
oh- yeah- and I'm running froyo - no issues with the app-

Mark

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'll give retro a try and then if not...Radiotime here I come.

Thank you everyone for your help. Man I love these forums.

**UPDATE**

So it won't let me listen to ESPN. Biggie for me. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll still like the interface.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
In settings, don’t use built in player to stream mp3 as this is less reliable. :D

i have not tried this. when you say less reliable, how so? all streams?

my streams seem to work great but i wonder if i should try this setting.

but then again if it ain't broker don't try to fix it?

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking for Clear Channel stations, RadioTime doesn't have those. You'll have to pony up the money for Wunder Radio.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking for Clear Channel stations, RadioTime doesn't have those. You'll have to pony up the money for Wunder Radio.

could care less if they are clearchannel. Just the programming I want....ie espn, mark levin, abc news, fox news, etc. I'm gonna have to browse their website to make sure before I get into bed with them. What is wunderradio?

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
i have not tried this. when you say less reliable, how so? all streams?

my streams seem to work great but i wonder if i should try this setting.

but then again if it ain't broker don't try to fix it?

It causes streams to terminate prematurely, i.e. after a few minutes. Not always, but when it does this is the cause.

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
**UPDATE**

So it won't let me listen to ESPN. Biggie for me. Thanks for the heads up though. I'll still like the interface.

In retroradio go to SHOUTCAST tab at the bottom-->search stations--->ESPN---->choose the one you want ---->choose the ESPN you want and long press it to add to favs

Mark

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
In retroradio go to SHOUTCAST tab at the bottom-->search stations--->ESPN---->choose the one you want ---->choose the ESPN you want and long press it to add to favs

Mark

Not all ESPNs are in Shoutcast. I know that the ESPN Radio app is either $2.99 or $3.99. And typically you can find your ESPN Radio station in RadioTime.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i can't seem to find any of my news though

--So--. I got home today and pulled the trigger. Did Radiotime as it has all of the channels I want in one spot. Worked fine on 3g and WiFi. Thanks for the help today fellas and fellitas.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol