is it possible to un-froyo

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Do a HARD RESET! Froyo is a lot faster then Eclair. You just need to start fresh, it's always recommended to do this when installing new Android updates.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above posts.

But to answer the OP's specific question (regardless of whether it is the wrong thing to do) the answer is yes.

Find the RUU for 2.1 and use that.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
hard reset will not put you back to 2.1 unless I am missing something. I have done this to fix another problem and still on 2.2

And dont you need to be rooted to put RUU on your phone? Or is it because you load it through HTC sync it allows it or something?

if you are having problems with Froyo, it is not so much froyo to be honest. It is more of how your phone is setup and what you have installed. I dont install hundreds of apps, so I dont have problems.
Do a hard reset and keep stock for a few days and I bet you will notice a big difference without even knowing what your original problem is.

robber

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Hard reset wont bring you back to 2.1 but it will fix 99% of the issues of 2.2.

power phone down, hold down volume down rocker- while holdng the volume rocket down power back on and then choose clear storage. Done.

You will notice an enormous increase in responsiveness with a hard reset on 2.2- at least I did.

b0ricua

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above posts.

But to answer the OP's specific question (regardless of whether it is the wrong thing to do) the answer is yes.

Find the RUU for 2.1 and use that.

You cannot use the RUU and roll back to 2.1. The signatures on the radio do not match

As of today, there are no confirmed methods of rolling back to Eclair 2.1 if you have accepted either the leaked or offical OTA 2.2 updates.

If you decide to factory reset your phone (recommended), it will simply erase all of your user data/applications and apply a fresh version of the OS you currently have on your device.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power