Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default text message order of appearance

    do you guys get text messages out of order when they are sent within the same time stamp? its not a major issue my any means, just slightly annoying. when a message is sent or received within the same time stamp it will put the newer message higher up in the list than what it should be as opposed to being towards the bottom of the list.
  2. #2  

    Default

    If it is what I think you are talking about, yes I have seen this.
    The phone and network get confused when each person is typing and hits send at the same time and gives the same time stamp.
    I will get "general SMS" errors when this happens too and will put mine into hold status until the recieved message comes in and then resends on its own.
    Sometimes the sending parties message will say downloading too.

    Seems like a goofy network thing on Sprint, but I understand technically why this is happening.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PM-Performance View Post
    If it is what I think you are talking about, yes I have seen this.
    The phone and network get confused when each person is typing and hits send at the same time and gives the same time stamp.
    I will get "general SMS" errors when this happens too and will put mine into hold status until the recieved message comes in and then resends on its own.
    Sometimes the sending parties message will say downloading too.

    Seems like a goofy network thing on Sprint, but I understand technically why this is happening.

    I have seen this happen too. But its not really what i was talking about.

    Ok, so i'll give an example.

    say time stamp on all these is 3:00pm


    co-worker: yes got it done

    me: thanks!

    co-worker: np

    now this will be the order that they appear on the text

    me: thanks

    co worker: np

    co worker: yes got it done

    its just weird i guess. i'll have to see if i get this from sprint only or other services or just from any service
  4. #4  

    Default

    Same here.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Yep, I've noticed that too.
  6. #6  
    Partyman's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Destroyer V2

    Default

    I have had instances where i sent a text the day before and i did not receive a response back from them until the next day, and it had the time stamp from the night they responded back to me after i sent it. very weird. i sent a text at 9:10pm and received the response back at 4:30pm the next day but the time stamp says 9:12pm from the previous day. Is that on Sprint?
  7. #7  

    Default

    Some times my text messages are all out of whack. I have had where I am texting with a friend or the wife and all mine say "5:00" and the other party's text all say "7:00" so no matter what all their text are last and all my text get buried at the top. I had the same issue with my Nexus One and the Hero I had on loan until the EVO came out. Seems more common since I got the EVO.... My Nexus One was on T-Mobile and of course the Hero and EVO are on Sprint so it leads me to think it's some thing in the Android software that is getting confused.... and 99% of the time I am in the same time zone as the other person so it's not like that throws it off... and it's never off by a flat hour it's always a couple of hours for some reason.... Very odd... usually if I reboot the phone real quick it clears up.. at least for that day... and it does not always happen plus the wife and most of my friends are all on Sprint as well...
  8. #8  
    Pedestal4G's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

    Default

    Hi my name is Adam and I represent Sprint as their SprintCareGuide. We have heard of this type of situation before. This is not a Sprint network problem, but rather the network of the person you were communicating with.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedestal4G View Post
    Hi my name is Adam and I represent Sprint as their SprintCareGuide. We have heard of this type of situation before. This is not a Sprint network problem, but rather the network of the person you were communicating with.
    Can't be.... I've had this issue texting with people who are on the SAME ACCOUNT as me. This issue has cropped up when I am texting between me and my wife. Both are sprint phones on the same account. Both are EVO 4G's. Thankfully its not often, but annoying when it happens.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Can anyone explain how to get Handcent as the default service? I downloaded it and like it but when I get a text message both services send alerts. Thanks
  11. #11  

    Default

    My Evo was/is plagued with this, and the only work around I've found is to use the app 'SMS Time Fix'.

    Look for it in the market. It works great too. My text messages are never out of order anymore.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    thanks, will have to try it out!
  13. #13  
    GGotti's Avatar

    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
    My Evo was/is plagued with this, and the only work around I've found is to use the app 'SMS Time Fix'.

    Look for it in the market. It works great too. My text messages are never out of order anymore.
    What is the best settings?
    "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
    Thomas Jefferson
  14. #14  
    Maven454's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

    Default

    I'm not sure it's really a Sprint network thing, as I never had this issue on my BlackBerry. Only on my Evo.
  15. #15  
    SBT
    SBT is offline
    SBT's Avatar

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

    Default

    yup i have only had this happen really on my evo, never with past phones on sprint... however its NICE to finally be able to type more then 160 character limit so i am not complaining!
  16. #16  
    itzhobbes's Avatar

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

    Default

    Here's the funny thing. I've gone through 2 EVO's and I'm on my 3rd right now. I got my first EVO, which I love, on the day of release. The release EVO's came with Android 2.1. I never got this problem with the release model which was running 2.1. Only after I updated to 2.2 did I start getting these text message problems. So it could be Android doing it.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by I.R.R.V. View Post
    Can anyone explain how to get Handcent as the default service? I downloaded it and like it but when I get a text message both services send alerts. Thanks
    Open up your stock sms program, go to menu, then settings. Turn off notifications.

    Iv'e been running Handcent sms for awhile now. It is probably the best UI app that I have ever used. It also fixed my time stamp issue that is reported in this thread. Anybody that hasn't tried Handcent, should give it a try. It beats the stock sms app hands down.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by buckrub58 View Post
    Open up your stock sms program, go to menu, then settings. Turn off notifications.

    Iv'e been running Handcent sms for awhile now. It is probably the best UI app that I have ever used. It also fixed my time stamp issue that is reported in this thread. Anybody that hasn't tried Handcent, should give it a try. It beats the stock sms app hands down.
    Yeah I figured that out already thanks, Handcent is awesome, not only does it fix the time stamp it also takes care of the deafening mid call alert tone....

Posting Permissions