UPDATE IS AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO UPDATED EARLY!

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
guess im just gonna do it so i can get updates later i guess. I just hate messing with something that is working great. lol

we'll see how it goes. crossing fingers

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
just did it and speed seems the same. Benchmarks seem the same, if not a tad lower actually.
Not sure why the droid x comes up higher marks sometimes unless they found a way to overclock? Or Quadrant is inconsistant or something (which might be the same. sometimes I will get a 1129 and now I ran it a second time and got a 1283)

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
just did it and speed seems the same. Benchmarks seem the same, if not a tad lower actually.
Not sure why the droid x comes up higher marks sometimes unless they found a way to overclock? Or Quadrant is inconsistant or something (which might be the same. sometimes I will get a 1129 and now I ran it a second time and got a 1283)
I also noted slightly lower scores on my Linpack and Quadrant scores. The improvement from 2.1 to 2.2 is still dramatic, so, I'm not that bothered.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i think I just noticed too on SMS, it limits convos to 125 replies now before you gotta delete?
I just had 125 rpelies to one person and couldnt hit the send button until i deleted. Unless that was a one time glitch

rmc

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
We love our Evo's!

My Evo updated to .6 from .3 with no problems. ~ However, the 4G on my wife’s Official .6 Evo OTA update on August 3 connects, but my Fix .6 OTA update (on August 10) connects for about a second then drops the connection. We had No Problems connecting in suburbs prior to any 2.2 updates, but neither phone can now connect at home. Currently only her official update can keep a connection to 4G, and we’re in Dallas where coverage used to be awesome.

tlemense

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i think I just noticed too on SMS, it limits convos to 125 replies now before you gotta delete?
I just had 125 rpelies to one person and couldnt hit the send button until i deleted. Unless that was a one time glitch

I'm not sure that it works because I don't have any conversations that are that long, but there is a setting under messages - settings - text message limit, that allows you to change the limit, and an additional setting that allows for you to auto-delete the replies as they approach the limit.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
As soon as I did the new update I did a hard reset. So far almost all of my problems are gone. The battery life has SO FAR gotten back to how it was on 2.1. But only time will tell.. The Sense widgets are still randomly reloading. I don't know if anyone else is having that issue. Also the videos are still choppy as hell but I figured that wouldn't be fixed.

Tekka

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Does .6 break PDAnet? I'm running .3 right now and i hear that theres a fix in 2.2 .6 that breaks free Hot Spot Tethering? My .3 runs fine with lil hiccups here and there so .6 isnt a need for me.

Last edited:

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm checking firmware update AND HTC update and it says there are no updates available. I'm still on .3.

Maybe they are just pushing it out to certain phones... I am in Knoxville, TN and I use my phone constantly as I travel for work.... 20 minutes ago I went to check my e-mail and the "Update" screen was up asking me if I wanted to update to the new .6 (I have been on .3 since July 30) it only took a few minutes to upgrade to .6 from .3......

So far I see no difference between .3 and .6 (This only after a few minutes with the phone on .6) I had not checked for updates since I downloaded the .3 on the 30th of July.... Hopefully this .6 works great... I had ZERO issues with the .3 update... It was a pretty good build at least for what I do with my EVO...

Swype even worked right after the update... With .3 I had to uninstall and then install the beta again.....

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I have not been able to update from the .3 build to the .6 OTA and don't want to use the RUU because I don't want to set everything up again. Anyone have any suggestions?

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE!

Spoke to an HTC Rep just now and the OTA fix to go from .3 to .6 Froyo is being released by region. So if you have not recieved it just wait a little longer.

Which doesn't bother me since I'm having no issues at all!

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Geuss they just launched the SE region because my phone just updated!

Hope all goes well and hope I don't get any isses with the calendar.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Does .6 break PDAnet? I'm running .3 right now and i hear that theres a fix in 2.2 .6 that breaks free Hot Spot Tethering? My .3 runs fine with lil hiccups here and there so .6 isnt a need for me.

I used Easy Tether in .3. After updating to .6 it still works fine. Don't know about PDAnet.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I got the update notice at about 7:15 this evening. Downloaded and installed it in the car on the way home. Worked like a charm!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I got the update notice this morning but switched screens and wanted to wait until I read about it here, now o can't get it to come back.... any ideas?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the update notice this morning but switched screens and wanted to wait until I read about it here, now o can't get it to come back.... any ideas?

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro.

Somewhere in this thread someone said they turned off the phone, popped out the battery for a bit, reinstalled the battery and then turned the phone on and they were able to get the notification to reappear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma