Any body lose album covers, or artists names in music player after update ?

redriverd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
ill have to look, i did notice that it lost my artist info so now the artists shows as unkown even though on my PC is shows corectly.

Yes, on top of losing all album art save one (every song shows the same album art) all of my songs show unknown artist. All the songs are there, and like you they all show correctly on pc, but they are all unknown artist on phone stock music player. One other thing, tried a hard reset, did not resolve.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, on top of losing all album art save one (every song shows the same album art) all of my songs show unknown artist. All the songs are there, and like you they all show correctly on pc, but they are all unknown artist on phone stock music player. One other thing, tried a hard reset, did not resolve.

Which again supports my suspicion:

Maybe Froyo enabled/disabled certain ID3v1/2 tags which is why some people are experiencing missing data and some aren't? I'll have to experiment this weekend.

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
did some playing around last night and found that all of the .wma files were the only ones affected (lost artist titles and album art) all of the .mp3 files were ok, so deleted all music and reloaded still not working on the .wma files. So deleted again, converted all of them to .mp3 files (used freeware program switch), reloaded and now they all show artist/album art. I am not the greatest tech but I think something changed the way the player reads the tags on the .wma files and perhaps explains why some are seeing it and others are not, if you have all .mp3 files you would not have lost anything?

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That's.. odd, especially it being .wma. I didn't think people even used .wma anymore. FYI, if you have the source that you got the .wma files from, re-rip them to .mp3. Transcoding from one lossy format to another makes the audio quality worse.

ttkk1

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
well I am a little old and have had music on my system for a long time and just have kept moving them to new systems over the years. Most of the new music is ripped as mp3 thus the reason I had both. thanks though for the tip, now to try to find all those old cds.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
well I am a little old and have had music on my system for a long time and just have kept moving them to new systems over the years. Most of the new music is ripped as mp3 thus the reason I had both. thanks though for the tip, now to try to find all those old cds.

If you do find your CD's, best thing to do is to re-rip them to FLAC (lossless) for archiving purposes and a perfect digital copy. From there you can rip to whatever lossy format you like.

I highly recommend EAC for ripping.

How to guide

redriverd

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re-ripped my cd's last night to mp3... put them on the phone, shows correct artists and albums, but did not get album art (might be due to ripper/encoder I was using, FreeRIP), but used the above mentioned album art grabber free, it found about 75% of the album art. My music was .wma before this.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re-ripped my cd's last night to mp3... put them on the phone, shows correct artists and albums, but did not get album art (might be due to ripper/encoder I was using, FreeRIP), but used the above mentioned album art grabber free, it found about 75% of the album art. My music was .wma before this.

mp3tag is superb and utilizes amazon and freedb for album art and idtags.

ninjastar28

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 apps..... album art and album art grabber so my album covers r good but its the artist names that i cant get back ....... i put more songs on my SD card and those artist names r missing 2 ....... so im positive its the update that is causing the problem.

ninjastar28

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site

every thing u said is right so at this point im positive its the froyo 2.2 thats doing that so i guess we s.o.l !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae