Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Edit calendar entries

After the new Android upgrade, I have been unable to edit any entry in my Google Calendar (the widget that came with the Evo). Anybody else having this problem? How can I fix it? Or am I not supposed to be able to edit events on the phone?

Thanks!

that's odd. you should be able to edit events on the phone.

try the Jorte Calendar 4X3 Widget and see if that works -

http://www.jorte.net/english/index.html

it's so much better than the default calendar anyway.

good luck.

You have to edit them on the agenda screen. Long press it and you can edit it. If you go into the actual entry though, it is view only. It's ridiculous, I know, but that's how it works.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    You have to edit them on the agenda screen. Long press it and you can edit it. If you go into the actual entry though, it is view only. It's ridiculous, I know, but that's how it works.
    Ahhh this worked - thanks!

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Be careful editing calendar entries on the phone though. Some of us have issues where it loses whatever you had in the description field.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

It is ridiculous that the 2.2 update stopped one's ability to edit a calendar entry from the detail view. Why should one have to back out of that and go to the agemda screen and long press it there? It worked before!
    Thanked by:

Agreed. It was there in 2.1. This is what HTC had to say about the matter:

I understand how important it is to be able to best use your device. It is true that in viewing a calendar event, there is not a way to edit it. However, if you go to the event view for the day, you can tap and hold on that specific event to receive the option to edit it. I understand that an edit button itself is easier, and while I can't put it back on there immediately myself, I will be glad to send your request along as a suggestion to the proper department. I do apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
    So, who knows if this will ever be fixed.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

They need to fix other things in the calendar so hopefully this will be among them since it really confuses people and just doesn't make any sense.

Anyone ever found a "what's new in 2.2 for HTC EVO document"?
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G