ALL CONTACTS LOST!

tyrus812

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please help me!? I restarted my Evo today and when it booted up, all of my contacts were gone! Also Some of my widgets no longer work and I get error messages saying some of my apps stopped unexpectedly. Is there anyway I can retrieve my contacts?

tyrus812

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Also, I had to resync everything and reinstall apps. I've had froyo from when it was officially released. Why all the problems now?

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
your contacts are on your gmail account. just log in to a computer go to gmail and look for your contacts.

you didnt really provide any info as to what you have been doing with your phone. did you flash the OTA upgrade? you literally just woke up and your contacts were gone for no reason? is your sync setting still enabled with the checkboxes marked?

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
if you hard booted your phone and your contacts were on gmail, then that means you never set gmail/google sync back up yet. As soon as you do it, they will all flow in again (assuming they were gmail contacts and not just phone contacts)

cplaya409

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
i've got same problem. Battery went dead booted back up contacts, bookmarks, and most of my pic and vids gone. couple of the wigets not working couple apps not able to load. Facebook gone All other social sites gone and i dnt even have an idea what else.

shawnluke05

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I've started having some of these same issues too and noticed that they came after the most recent update.

I have had to do a factory reset and only install a few apps and still have had the problems with disappearing contacts, messages etc.

I am really hoping that there will soon be a fix or something. I am getting tired of turning my phone on and off several times a day to restore my contacts lists and text messages.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Simple my friends...check it out.

1. At the home screen hit the MENU button.

2. Select the SETTINGS option.

3. Scroll down until you see ACCOUNTS & SYNC and select it.

4. Make sure both BACKGROUND DATA and AUTO-SYNC are checked marked.

5. While still in ACCOUNTS & SYNC look at the MANAGE ACCOUNTS section and find your GMAIL account, select it.

6. Make sure the SYNC CONTACTS option is checked marked.

That's it, now every time you save a new phone number into your phone it should be backed up through your Google account. Meaning all you have to do to get your contacts back is sign into your Google account after you do an OTA update or flash to a new ROM. IMO...way better than a SIM card. Hope that helped guys. :-D

Reactions: Chrisy

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Everyone's got to give a bit more info. Things like rooted or not, of rooted what rom(and type) did you do any kind of update or some house cleaning.... the list goes on.

The more info you give us about your issue, things you where doing before and after something like this happened. The more info you can give us upfront the faster and easier it will be for us to help you out.

Sent from my MIUI havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21