Bought a Rooted/Jailbroken(?) Evo 4g

GetDigitalized

May 28, 2013
Visit site
So I had an Evo 4G a year ago, and I rooted it with Amon-Ra and used it as I initially bought it as a Sprint phone. I moved on and now have a Galaxy S3. I bought my daughter an Evo 4G from a crackhead on craigslist for $40. Its in great shape, but was also rooted. Cyanongen but factory. I checked the phone out, especially the carrier details in the phone settings ... SPRINT. The last number in the phone I ended up reversing to Cricket. So it looks like it was jailbroken?

Regardless, I tried to re-install the stock RUU, I've tried to overwrite Amon-Ra ... and now I don't even have the ability to get into Recovery. I tried the Android Flasher software. I cant even connect to me Evo as a drive to add any files to it.

Am I completely up the creek? What are my options?

Attachments

• 20130527_222825.jpg
    20130527_222825.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 1

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So I had an Evo 4G a year ago, and I rooted it with Amon-Ra and used it as I initially bought it as a Sprint phone. I moved on and now have a Galaxy S3. I bought my daughter an Evo 4G from a crackhead on craigslist for $40. Its in great shape, but was also rooted. Cyanongen but factory. I checked the phone out, especially the carrier details in the phone settings ... SPRINT. The last number in the phone I ended up reversing to Cricket. So it looks like it was jailbroken?

Regardless, I tried to re-install the stock RUU, I've tried to overwrite Amon-Ra ... and now I don't even have the ability to get into Recovery. I tried the Android Flasher software. I cant even connect to me Evo as a drive to add any files to it.

Am I completely up the creek? What are my options?

Sounds like the USB port is faulty, which is a common issue on the EVO 4G. Being able to connect to a computer makes the process alot easier. Here is a guide that may help you:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

Step 2 how to get recovery, the PC36IMG method should help since your USB port is probably faulty

Also, what size is your SD card?