I like my new EVO but I am returning it

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Its a great internet experience but for some reason my EVO keeps getting frozen, apps graphics fall apart and texting is glitchy. I want a good one. Talked to Sprint since there out right now in my area I will return it and not loose my upgrade eligibility. I am going to wait for the Samsung Epic. Maybe I should try another one. It has the latest sprint htc froyo update.

I really want my EVO to work

grotty

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i have had mine 1 month and havent had too many issues software wise running t0ast3d del1ght v2, although i am starting to get a slight amount of light leaking through underneath my search and back buttons.. i dont think any problems ill have with my phone will EVER be enough for me to trade it in for an epic! :/

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Its a great internet experience but for some reason my EVO keeps getting frozen, apps graphics fall apart and texting is glitchy. I want a good one. Talked to Sprint since there out right now in my area I will return it and not loose my upgrade eligibility. I am going to wait for the Samsung Epic. Maybe I should try another one. It has the latest sprint htc froyo update.

I really want my EVO to work

You'll be happy with the Epic if you like the hardware k/b. No worries.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
dj2big, do you have facebook accounts activated on the phone?

When you go to People, Menu, View, how many entries do you see on each line?

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Also, don't use a task killer.

Agreed, especially with Froyo it is not needed at all. I would try the hard reset, and see if that helps your issues. Also a good thing would be to check the apps you have downloaded, to see if they are using more memory or CPU that's causing issues.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I did a hard reset and formatted the SD card. That's how the problems began. I had read somewhere that it was a good idea to hard reset the phone after the froyo upgrade. I also formatted the sdcard. I thought all the original files music and picture samples would be reinstalled after the froyo update but they were not. I called HTC customer service great people I was really surprised to get a real USA English speaking citizen on the phone. HTC actually impressed me with answering my call. Anyways HTC said that formatting the SD card would not effect the OS or the EVO in anyway. I really like my EVO. Normally I would just exchange it but the Best Buy I purchased from is sold out! I don't want to deal with faulty phone for a year, so I rather start fresh. As far as Facebook yes its on.

Contact numbers are as follows
Facebook 0
Google 2264
Phone 0
Facebook for HTC sense 4238
Twitter 0

I am not using an app task killer I read about problems it can cause.

Yes I know lots of people there mostly my supporters and fans. I am a Chicago dj.

Last edited:

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
You may just have a defective Evo. Which would suck, and I don't blame you for waiting out for the Epic if that's the case. Hope it all works out for you my friend, no matter which phone you go after.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I really like the EVO its way ahead of blackberry which is the platform I came from. I don't want to go back. I have a couple weeks before I make my decision. Hopefully the best buy will have EVO in stock soon. I like the specs on the Samsung but HTC customer service impressed me so much I want to stick with the EVO.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I owned a similar style phone before the helio ocean. It was a great phone but helio does not exist anymore. Every phone has positive and negatives. It depends on what your willing to live with or without. I will tell you this. Since my first cellphone a Motorola bag phone in 1989 things have evolved. It's cheaper to own a phone now not just with the cheap service plans but phone prices as well. To bad all this hyper speed technology is glitchy. Small price to pay for the cellphone industry evolution.

Last edited:

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It seems that as technology grows more and more complex, everything gets more and more "glitchy". It's not just cellphones, it's electronic devices as a whole. A completely problem free launch of a product is becoming a thing of the past. The new beta testers are the consumers themselves. Because if these large corporations don't push their hardware out the door as quickly as possible... Then they'll be three steps behind the rest of the market.

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
And believe me, if you think the Samsung Epic is the exception to the rule I stated above, then you're going to be in for a rude awakening. It will have it's issues too... That I can guarantee.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Let's just hope self driven cars don't have that launch glitchy effect problem. It won't be funny to see people running to save there life from there car trying to run them over. LOL!

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Let's just hope self driven cars don't have that launch glitchy effect problem. It won't be funny to see people running to save there life from there car trying to run them over. LOL!

Oh geez... I pray the same thing. I really don't want to be a beta tester for such a thing.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Contact numbers are as follows
Facebook 0
Google 2264
Phone 0
Facebook for HTC sense 4238
Twitter 0

Yes I know lots of people there mostly my supporters and fans. I am a Chicago dj.

:confused: Are you synching all those contacts to your phone? Correct me if I'm wrong everyone, but this is an unusually high #, and Sense may not be handling it well. for testing purposes would you mind disabling the HTC Facebook account to see if the problem gets better?

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Truthfully, the reason why I won't consider the Epic is because of the keyboard. I can't stand redundancy unless I'm flying an airplane.

It's not redundancy. Redundancy would be using two onscreen keyboards at the same time.

A physical keyboard has quite a few differences to an onscreen one that appeal to many people (Especially gamers).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech