1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint Navigation Lite?

Did anyone else wind up with Sprint Navigation Lite after the upgrade to .6?

no but i never use it. i like Google Maps Nav much better. so much faster.

My sprint nav seems like it always has...just used it to drive from Boston to Disney World with out any issues.
    Anything that bleeds for a week and lives is pure evil

Masshole!!!!

Default Re: Sprint Navigation Lite?

Same here. Looks like u have to upgrade to get turn by turn. What's up with that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Is it possible that it may be wireless plan related? I know with my plan Sprint Nav is included at no xtra charge.

Masshole!!!!

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use it every day and nothing changed after the upgrade to Android 2.2. Sprint Navigation version 2.8.0.1098 on my EVO.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Mine has "lite" on it after it logs in but I do not know what it had before. Version 2.8

I called Sprint and they assured me that I could upgrade to Premium without a charge, since its clearly part of my plan.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks. I just did the upgrade to Premium and will follow up with Sprint also. Just curious, did those who had Lite do the leaked manual updates, including Pojoman's update to .6?

just as a data point -

I did the leaked .3 update and then the pojoman .6 image and have the full version as part of the base package; no upgrade necessary.

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I did the leaked .3 update and the OTA .6 update for .3 users. Haven't done anything to Sprint Nav.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I just "upgraded" to Sprint Navigation Premium and it now has what it had before the 2.2 Froyo update and a bit more like traffic maps. It was the Lite version right after the update.

I called Sprint and they assured me that this is included in my Simply Everything Data Family plan.
    We shall see.

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts

I have the same problem, are we going to have to "upgrade to premium" every month? I better not get charged $9.99 per month for this. I have the Simply everything data family plan too

I had the same problem yesterday when I updated my prl, I just turned off my phone, waited a few minutes and turned it back on, that solved the problem for me. No problems since.
    Last edited by zuilai; 08-13-2010 at 09:52 AM.

I guess a lot of folks have had the same thing going on with the Nav....there is a 7 page thread over on Sprintusers.com about this.

Masshole!!!!

Just checked mine it says premium.
    Samsung Epic
    HTC Evo
    RIM Storm II
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Mine reverted to Lite again. I am going into the Sprint store to get back to 2.1 and do the OTA.

DONT GO TO SPRINT STORE!! I wasted 1 hour and a half, they have no idea what customer service is telling people and they can't do anything about rolling back to 2.1

As an FYI, some Palm Pre users had a similar issue where the Sprint Nav reverted to a "lesser" state a couple months after activation. I saw the threads about this on PreCentral but didn't follow them since I wasn't having the same issue.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this may not be EVO/Android specific.

I had the same issue but now it seems ok.
    HearAndNear.com -- a great mobile guide to Lake of the Ozarks.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMariner View Post
    I had the same issue but now it seems ok.
    What did you do?
    If I were never here, you would never know.

After doing the profile and PRL update, the Sprint Navigation application worked fine again.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Quote Originally Posted by c1971ace View Post
    My sprint nav seems like it always has...just used it to drive from Boston to Disney World with out any issues.
    lol isnt that a straight shot down I95 South?

Just checked mine and is says Sprint Navigation Premium, Same as before the upgrade.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Well, yesterday it was fine after I entered the application when I returned to my home Sprint location. No Lite or Premium designation, just Sprint Navigation. The difference seems to be the Service Plan Code (under Diagnostic Tools in Sharing and More). I will check out the SprintUser thread referenced above.