What is difference between "Navigation" and "Sprint Navigation" apps ?

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
What is difference between "Navigation" and "Sprint Navigation" apps ?

Newby to the smart phone, and am still trying to understand this "app" stuff.

The "Navigation" app is a blue arrow, and is the one I use for map and voice navigation.

The "Sprint Navigation" app seems to do the same thing in a much more belabored manner.

Are these both Sprint, or what ? Why two similar apps ? Is one supposed to do something that the other doesn't. I don't get it.

Thanks

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Navigation is provided by Google. It's a turn by turn application built into Android phones.
Sprint Naviagtion is provided by Telenav and Sprint. It's a turn by turn application built into Sprint smartphones.

Some people like Navigation more. I used Sprint Nav a lot on my Pre... but it's not as quick on my Evo for some reason. Oddly. I use either.

Just a side note... I wouldn't complain about Sprint Nav... it's not bloatware for most people and is free navigation. Atleast Sprint users get free navigation, regardless of having an Android phone or not.

machjuan#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
They are both very good apps. One is provided by google while the other is provided by sprint. Navigation seems a bit faster than sprint nav, but I like both. The one thing is that Navigator will give you a pic of your destination when there is one available so that you know what your destination looks like. A nice little extra.