1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default had my first restart.

Well this morning while using the stock Facebook app my phone had its first restart.

No problems since but I always worry about these things.

Anyone else?

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

I began having restarts after upgrading to 2.2 (.3), but maybe just 1 or 2 over 10 days. Got the upgrade to the (.6) version 2 days ago and have had at least 4 restarts since! seems to be some kind of problem

I had my first restart this morning as well

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Ive had one since June 4th.

I've been having the same problem ever since I updated to Froyo. Never happened before. Doesn't seem like anyone has found a fix. Even after hard reset, phone still restarts.

BUT

I did clear Cache and Data in some apps especially Google Maps

AND

I haven't had a restart ever since. Phone has been up since 84:50:30

HOPEFULLY

This is the fix

What kind of restarts? I've had to shutdown and restart a few times when the phone seemed sluggish or if an app started working oddly, but for the first time today, which is about a month into my Evo experience, I had to do a battery pull because it was so locked up that it wouldn't even shutdown.

Mind you, I had to do battery pulls every other day on my TP2, so this is like, amazing in comparison.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by Cobravision View Post
    What kind of restarts? I've had to shutdown and restart a few times when the phone seemed sluggish or if an app started working oddly, but for the first time today, which is about a month into my Evo experience, I had to do a battery pull because it was so locked up that it wouldn't even shutdown.

Mind you, I had to do battery pulls every other day on my TP2, so this is like, amazing in comparison.
    They are talking about when the phone restarts on its own, often when it isnt even being used, just sitting on a desk or something.

Oh. That's never happened to me.

My EVO restarted once since June 4th. It was in my pocket, and the start-up sound was really loud, and I was at work, but luckily not in a meeting! I hadn't power-cycled the phone all week. (Still on 2.1)

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    cyanogen_speedy-toastcfh

Mine restarted in the middle of an important business conference call. All the guys on the call use the fruit phone so I heard about it for days. I restart before conference calls now especially if I am hosting the call