Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Finally got one!!!

So after 3 weeks of searching, I finally got my evo! Friend of mine knew a manager of a sprint store in brooklyn that completely bumped me past the waiting list and got me the phone in 1 day. Niiiiiiiice!

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Congrats and welcome to the Android community.
    </awesome>

ROM
    Evo: CM7

Nice man! Congrats. Welcome to the party!
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Welcome to the "Kickstand Clan"!
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by dougeetx View Post
    Lmao!!!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Love this phone though! Played with my friends long before I got mine so I'm familiar with it. New to android but not smart phones or htc. Only issue I'm having is battery life but that was expected. Its only day one though so hopefully some deep cycle charges will help.
    Anyone but the sedio 1750 battery? I'm reading mixed reviews.
    Thanks for the warm welcome! And I love swype!!! Lol

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Default Re: Finally got one!!!

Welcome broski! You'll love the phone more and more each day!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

Default Re: Finally got one!!!

Welcome to the fam

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

lots of things you can do for the battery, but play with the phone for awhile, then you'll discover power saving stuff..
    BTW, I have the Sedio 1750; its a little better than factory, but not that much..

Turn all the radios off unless you need them. Also turn off mobile network in wireless settings unless you need it. These things get me thru the day with power to spare.

Congrats...

Quote Originally Posted by nashgold View Post
    Turn all the radios off unless you need them. Also turn off mobile network in wireless settings unless you need it. These things get me thru the day with power to spare.
    Not to be rude, BUT if you turn off all the radios including mobile network your basically carrying a brick around. Whats the point then??
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Thanks for the input. I'll probably stick with the stock battery. I don't want a bulgy one and $50 is steep for nominal gains.
    Thanks everyone

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Buy tasker learn it use it and welcome to the party pal.

EVO+Froyo=Yummy Goodness

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Welcome to the fam

Congratulations on your new phone. The EVO is the best device I have ever had. Battery life is an issue, but I make sure that I have a charger handy at all times. I also turn off gps, 4G, and syncing if I need to conserve battery. Other than that, there isn't much you can do. With any device, you have to have some patience. Most devices are an update away from being really great. If you find a glitch, most likely it will be fixed with an upcoming update.

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    Not to be rude, BUT if you turn off all the radios including mobile network your basically carrying a brick around. Whats the point then??
    I think he means just 4g, wifi, and mobile network. With those off you still receive phone and text messages. Then just turning them on when you actually need them.

I put the wifi and mobile widgets on my home screen to quickly turn them and and off. By using them I have been able to run my phone for well over a day (with moderate usage).

Obviously this does not fit everyone's lifestyle and your results will vary.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

thanks for all the support everyone!
    i'm a long time htc follower and smart phone user. i strayed away from windows mobile for a bb a year ago, and had to jump ship to android after playing with a hero, lol.
    i love this device and i'm treatin it just like i treated my touch pro 2 - chargers at home, work and car, lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by dougeetx View Post
    Every time i hear that i think of wu-tang and "king stand clan at nothing to f*** wit" goes threw my head

ROM
    Blazer

I run the 3500 mAh and I just don't think of battery life anymore.

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Wooow I didnt knw the EVO was still hard to get, I thought they would have stock by now so this phone must of really been a winner

Welcome to the Evo World! You will never go back.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Welcome to the dark side .....lmao at the kickstand clan

Yeah i just bought mine last week and i love this phone. Battery is an issue but way worse than normal. So i am getting a replacement but def use advance task killer and listen to the tips about shutting off four g if not needed. Its not in my area yet so i keep that off and i put all those shortcuts on one page of the seven home screens so i can easily get it taken care off.

I was lucky to have moved from the touch pro 2 to the Evo, and since they share the same battery, I've always had a spare. I just ordered another battery off of eBay for 12 bucks with charger and free shipping. I basically don't have to think about battery life after it arrives.

I love that on the weekends that I can cycle between batteries all day long without ever needing to stop and charge the sucker.