Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default stop crying about battery life and upgrade it!

I just bought the 3500 mah Seidio battery and bang problem solved I don't have to run around lookin for a car or. Plug to rejuice my EGO 4G , I may be a nanite runnin a stock phone but I guess that means I don't have the need to over think things! If the small battery don't last , get a BIG battery! I got mine from Amazon for 63$ I am not gonna put up stats and minutes and seconds and %'s but hey if u really want to do what u want for as long as u want on the Best phone on the market get the Damn battery that can keep up with it!

I'd be tempted but I want to keep my case...

Or root your phone and get a battery saving rom like Baked Snack.
    Though people don't complain about battery life much on these forums.

The Palm Pre's battery was like 2x worse, literally... lasted me 6-9 hours with decent service.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

One word................UGLY!!! I'd rather carry a spare battery.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Gotta agree with Juice.. I bought the Chinese batteries and I have been happy ever since.. I'm one of those who posts %'s and hours and minutes etc. but the bottom line is this, you gotta do whatever you gotta do to keep the phone with juice whether it is the 3500 or 3 1500's I am now never worried about power like I used to be, I had Pandora playing on my phone today through my car for 2 1/2 hours. I didn't care at all about losing power. I knew I had another battery in my pocket ready to go..
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bucko21 View Post
    Gotta agree with Juice.. I bought the Chinese batteries and I have been happy ever since.. I'm one of those who posts %'s and hours and minutes etc. but the bottom line is this, you gotta do whatever you gotta do to keep the phone with juice whether it is the 3500 or 3 1500's I am now never worried about power like I used to be, I had Pandora playing on my phone today through my car for 2 1/2 hours. I didn't care at all about losing power. I knew I had another battery in my pocket ready to go..
    Yeah people keep talking about how those chinese spare batteries have saved their lives.

Evo - MIUI 1.1.28

^----Old signature.

flip phone, bb curve, pre, evo, evo3d, s4.

IDK... I am getting a replacement phone cause they said something was wrong with mine the battery was worse than they have ever seen. But if the replacement is the same way or worse i have more options thanks for your posts guys i am going to look into batteries.. But i might also switch phones and go back to my beloved Blackberry.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/ Bonsai

I have the Seidio 3500...the pictures make it a lot uglier than it actually looks. But the Op is right... I no longer even worry about my battery. Recently I took a 6 hour road trip and used sprint navigation and pandora the whole time, and after six hours I still had about 75% left. The larger capacity battery just unleashes the EVO.

Since the Froyo update I've been getting awesome battery life. Still at over 70% after 12 hours off the charger. I like having the phone nice and thin.
    Thanked by:

Don't mean to offend but the Evo looks like herpes with that extended battery cover. I saw one in person yesterday and I almost threw up. As soon as I saw it I looked up to the sky hoping to see the Batman sky light. I'll stick with my 2 chinese batteries and wall charger... May be rooting too soon

Evo is a big phone already....

Who makes a charger for the extra batteries? Something that has a micro usb plug?

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juice9963 View Post
    I just bought the 3500 mah Seidio battery and bang problem solved I don't have to run around lookin for a car or. Plug to rejuice my EGO 4G , I may be a nanite runnin a stock phone but I guess that means I don't have the need to over think things! If the small battery don't last , get a BIG battery! I got mine from Amazon for 63$ I am not gonna put up stats and minutes and seconds and %'s but hey if u really want to do what u want for as long as u want on the Best phone on the market get the Damn battery that can keep up with it!
    Yeah, awesome reasoning there, champ.
    Thanked by:

Not too sure what the fuss is about battery life....before froyo I was getting at the max 16 hours of moderate use now I'm getting close to a fulls day worth of moderate use. Light use could prolly get around 30 - 40. I use too monitor my battery life and use task killers....and now I dont. The more paranoid you are the less you actually get to enjoy your phone. All I did was follow the tips and my phone has been fine

I would like to improve my battery life. I use my EVO for everything. I have become a power user since the day I got my EVO. An extended battery is probably my only solution at this point.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

battery life is fine with the standard battery.

Anyone using the Seido extended battery with the bigger door on the back have any issues with the fit? I just hope that the battery door is flush and doesn't move around too much.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

The 3500 is a great alternative. I also bought the Chinese batteries on ebay. I keep one in my car,and I leave one at home. Between all the above mentioned batteries, the stock battery and my car charger, I think I'm in good shape as far as powering the EVO. Most of the time I use the 3500 extended battery, so I don't even have to worry about usage. The phone is big already, and I don't feel the added thickness is a big deal. When I see most other phones, they look almost toy like in there size compared to the EVO. Remember, size matters!!!!!!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    Anyone using the Seido extended battery with the bigger door on the back have any issues with the fit? I just hope that the battery door is flush and doesn't move around too much.
    The battery door fits well and the battery doesnt move at all.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyes View Post
    The 3500 is a great alternative. I also bought the Chinese batteries on ebay. I keep one in my car,and I leave one at home. Between all the above mentioned batteries, the stock battery and my car charger, I think I'm in good shape as far as powering the EVO. Most of the time I use the 3500 extended battery, so I don't even have to worry about usage. The phone is big already, and I don't feel the added thickness is a big deal. When I see most other phones, they look almost toy like in there size compared to the EVO. Remember, size matters!!!!!!
    I just think of it as a Hood Scoop For My Turbo Charged EVO!
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I bought 1 spare Evo red battery problem solved. I pull it out from my wallet ( 1 or 2 x a week) and I am at 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    One word................UGLY!!! I'd rather carry a spare battery.
    +2, I think that thing is FUGLY......

Quote Originally Posted by whitehorse84 View Post
    Who makes a charger for the extra batteries? Something that has a micro usb plug?

I personally have this one...

Both charge the spare battery and have a USB plug at the bottom so you can charge your phone AND your spare battery at the same time...
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Default well i use my device as everything!

I use my EVO for EVERYTHING! So I use battery power everyone who says one battery is fine might as well go get a Motorola Brick cause u obviously just txted and chat once or twice a day and the cover is NOT ugly! Must be a bunch of 8 year olds saying that in the comments !

Quote Originally Posted by juice9963 View Post
    I use my EVO for EVERYTHING! So I use battery power everyone who says one battery is fine might as well go get a Motorola Brick cause u obviously just txted and chat once or twice a day and the cover is NOT ugly! Must be a bunch of 8 year olds saying that in the comments !
    i don't want some ugly bulky non-OEM third party battery from China damaging or exploding my EVO. the stock battery is fine for normal usage for normal adults.

your writing style indicates that you may be the one who is closer to being the 8 year old.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast