Do you think that HTC..... Will there be an EVO2

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I think there'll be an EVO 2. Sprint needs their own successful line of actual smartphones. Doesn't seem like there's ever going to be a Pre2 or Pixi2, and the Instinct may have been successful but they're feature phones. Maybe Sprint will eventually come up with their own tag for their smartphones like Verizon did but I can't think of a name. The Evo and Epic have the E thing going for them but that's it. Perhaps just tagging 4G will be their thing.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
remember when every PDA was called a "Palm Pilot"?

remember when every handheld email device was called a "BlackBerry"?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
First not all of Verizon android phones are "Droids" they do have some HTC Android phones as well.

Second, I agree. I love my Evo but if HTC doesn't do something more unique, they will be overthrown.

Still, I think I would choose HTC over a Motorola Droid any day of the week. I have had better luck with them

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

ALL Verizon phones are Droids... Guess yo never saw the Droid Eris or Incredible commercials where they called them... the Droid Eris and Droid Incredible..

And I kno about the whole Lucas Films stuff. My point is Verizon has made an amazing marketing campaign that yes definitely benefits all Android phones but it would still be in the best interest of HTC and Sprint to keep the Evo as a high end Android platform.

I've only had two people ask me if it was the new iPhone. I get way more people asking if it's a Droid than anything else. I do agree though. I guess it is easier to just say ya it's a Droid. By the way, went to the movies last night.. Seriously counted 12 Android phones. Only saw one iPhone.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The name Droid has been marketed for Motorola phones

Unless my eyes deceive me or HTC is a secret subsidiary of Motorola...

DroidEris.png

DroidIncredible.png

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, let's talk about this once htc is able to make enough of the first Evo to even meet demand. The Evo name will be all but forgotten in another month or two if enough aren't made to get them into the hands of those who want them.

TheOnlyMorgan

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Seriously, let's talk about this once htc is able to make enough of the first Evo to even meet demand. The Evo name will be all but forgotten in another month or two if enough aren't made to get them into the hands of those who want them.
Possibly, with the way things are going with supply, by the time I have the cash to use my Sprint upgrade a newer better 4G android phone might be announced. Ah.

Primetimeplaya

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Possibly, with the way things are going with supply, by the time I have the cash to use my Sprint upgrade a newer better 4G android phone might be announced. Ah.

That's exactly want I'm saying. I own and Evo but am not interested in it becoming a phone that's not supported soon because htc isn't able to supply enough of them to make the ownership population large enough to matter.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
ALL Verizon phones are Droids... Guess yo never saw the Droid Eris or Incredible commercials where they called them... the Droid Eris and Droid Incredible..

And I kno about the whole Lucas Films stuff. My point is Verizon has made an amazing marketing campaign that yes definitely benefits all Android phones but it would still be in the best interest of HTC and Sprint to keep the Evo as a high end Android platform.

I've only had two people ask me if it was the new iPhone. I get way more people asking if it's a Droid than anything else. I do agree though. I guess it is easier to just say ya it's a Droid. By the way, went to the movies last night.. Seriously counted 12 Android phones. Only saw one iPhone.

No. Not all Android phones on Verizon are Droid. Only the most powerful that come out in their time are Droid. Which is why the Ally, an Android phone, did not get the name Droid, because it was competing with the 1ghz incredible and 1ghz Droid x. the Motorola Droid is a Droid because it was the first one and at that time, it was Verizon's most powerful Android phone.

The rule is basically that the brand name Droid will go to the best Android smartphones on Verizon.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
No. Not all Android phones on Verizon are Droid. Only the most powerful that come out in their time are Droid. Which is why the Ally, an Android phone, did not get the name Droid, because it was competing with the 1ghz incredible and 1ghz Droid x. the Motorola Droid is a Droid because it was the first one and at that time, it was Verizon's most powerful Android phone.

The rule is basically that the brand name Droid will go to the best Android smartphones on Verizon.

I stand corrected. You are right not all are Droids. However, the pictures I posted was just to correct some people saying that Droids are only Motorola Android phones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KZCY