Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Got to ask? How to take an EVO apart.

    I work with a lot of electronics on take apart a lot of different devices, so the question is has anyone explored the insides yet and successfully put it back together? It looks pretty easy other than the front glass thats glued down. Please no flaming or sarcastic comments. I have no problems and I'm just curious. I'm thinking about getting an eBay one to take apart.
  2. #2  
    2CupsWithString's Avatar
    passionately curious

    Posts
    2,809 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

    Default

    This might be easier and save you some money: HTC Evo 4G Teardown - iFixit
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    Yeah I've seen that but they never tell you on how to install the glass, that's what I would like to know.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I work with a lot of electronics on take apart a lot of different devices, so the question is has anyone explored the insides yet and successfully put it back together? It looks pretty easy other than the front glass thats glued down. Please no flaming or sarcastic comments. I have no problems and I'm just curious. I'm thinking about getting an eBay one to take apart.
    since you're on like your 18th replacement EVO, i don't think you should tinker.

    just try to enjoy your device.

    best wishes.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    since you're on like your 18th replacement EVO, i don't think you should tinker.

    just try to enjoy your device.

    best wishes.
    Or you could just stay out of my threads, you have no useful info and nothing but sarcastic rude comments.
  6. #6  
    Brett's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,394 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

    Default

    Guys settle down. Try to stay on topic instead of arguing with each other.
  7. #7  

    Default

    Why would you do it? Just for the heck of it?
  8. #8  
    igotsanevo4g's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,558 Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

    Default

    Not trying to be rude or whatever but why do you want to take it apart?

    I imagine there's some sort of clips and adhesives holding the glass.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I work with a lot of electronics on take apart a lot of different devices, so the question is has anyone explored the insides yet and successfully put it back together? It looks pretty easy other than the front glass thats glued down. Please no flaming or sarcastic comments. I have no problems and I'm just curious. I'm thinking about getting an eBay one to take apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Not trying to be rude or whatever but why do you want to take it apart?

    I imagine there's some sort of clips and adhesives holding the glass.
    I imagine probably because he's curious
  10. #10  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I work with a lot of electronics on take apart a lot of different devices, so the question is has anyone explored the insides yet and successfully put it back together? It looks pretty easy other than the front glass thats glued down. Please no flaming or sarcastic comments. I have no problems and I'm just curious. I'm thinking about getting an eBay one to take apart.
    If the glass is glued down, more than likely you will need to hit it with a hair dryer for a minute or so. I opened up a refurbished unit a few weeks ago just check out the internals but never got down to the glass.
  11. #11  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

    Default

    I generally only take things apart when they are broken. Exploration surgery isn't the best idea with a phone like this ( I can understand the curiosity though). That Ifixit guide is a good place to start though.
    </awesome>
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default

    Well for starters I love electronics, and I love seeing what's in them. I'm not planning on taking mine apart at all. I plan on getting a broken one and fixing it and reselling it. There's nothing wrong with my current one. I have fixed a few psp's and resold them. That's all.

    There are a few on eBay with broken glass and would like to fix them and sell them. This device is still in high demand and I thought I could make a little extra cash.

    It's the front glass/digitizer that seems to be the tricky part, I don't know what I could use to glue the new part down.
  13. #13  

    Default

    The digitizer and the glass can be seperated with a hair dryer and the replacement glass already has the adhesive on it.
  14. #14  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Well for starters I love electronics, and I love seeing what's in them. I'm not planning on taking mine apart at all. I plan on getting a broken one and fixing it and reselling it. There's nothing wrong with my current one. I have fixed a few psp's and resold them. That's all.

    There are a few on eBay with broken glass and would like to fix them and sell them. This device is still in high demand and I thought I could make a little extra cash.

    It's the front glass/digitizer that seems to be the tricky part, I don't know what I could use to glue the new part down.
    Maybe you'll do a better job than the factory
    </awesome>
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by w1kk3d View Post
    The digitizer and the glass can be seperated with a hair dryer and the replacement glass already has the adhesive on it.
    Really, good to know. I don't know if I will get some extra cash to get one but if I do I'll post a tut on how here. I'm not taking my current one apart unless I have a problem. It looks like a piece of cake to take apart compared to the palm pre. I got so sick of the loose slider that I took it apart and fixed it myself.

Posting Permissions