Voice recognition not working after 2.2

Evo Uknow

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried to use voice recognition for anything since the update to 2.2. But the other day my daughter downloaded the Talking Tom the Cat app from the marketplace and was sad when he wouldn't repeat anything she said. I just thought that maybe the app wasn't compatible with 2.2 but to my surprise I found that none of my voice utilities are working now. It is almost like the mic has gone bad on my phone but this can't be because it works just fine when I make and receive phone calls. I did some searching on the forums but couldn't find anything the sounded like my problem. Any ideas or suggestions? :(

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I recommend resetting the phone by powering off then powering on or by doing a battery pull to reset the phone...try those two steps first if they don't work you will have to do a factory reset. To do a factory reset go in the setting application then reset...you will not lose your photos, calendar appoints or contacts, they all should be there but make sure that the first thing you do is set up your Google accounts and that should restore your apps, contacts and calendar apts. I had to do this to get my sprint Nav to work again...also recommend installing a syncing with appbrain before reset. Appbrain will keep a list of your downloaded apps. It will factory reset to your current OS Froyo 2.2 not 2.1.

Last edited:

Evo Uknow

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Don't know why I didn't try the battery pull! I did try to power down and turn it back on but that didn't do the trick. But the battery pull sure did. Guess I just started to panic a little. Thanks for the advice Kinster, it did the trick! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36