Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Going naked with my EVO!

I think that I am finally going to go naked with my EVO. Everytime I go to BestBuy and see the Evo that they have on display, I marvel how good it feels without a case. I already have insurance on it through BestBuy with no deductible. I'm a little nervous about it, but I am wondering why I am spending so much money on protecting my phone when I also have insurance. It should probably be one or the other.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Keep in mind if you have a white EVO wait times on insurance can be as long as a month. Black EVOs are still ~2 weeks out.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What happens in the mean time?

you would get a loaner phone from best buy
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I don't like the sound of that. But I think that I will be ok. I haven't broken a phone yet. I hope I didn't just being bad luck to myself by saying that. Lol. It will be ok.

Is that definitive though? That a loaner phone is provided?

Back when my wife's EVO got wet, I contemplated doing up there and filing a claim for a replacement. That was until my wife's EVO came back to life. When I'd talked to Best Buy, they asked me if I had another Sprint phone available to use in the meantime and that if I didn't, I'd be SOL without a phone for at the very least two weeks.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I've been going without a case on mine for about two weeks now and its been great. I dislike most cases out right now because they make it seem too big.
    "I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past"
    Thomas Jefferson

what about minor dings and dents and scratches? Sure you are covered for major things, but you could get a lot of these little things and no be able to make a claim?

FYI - Mine is still naked now for 2 months as I as well have not been able to find a case.

BB offers loaners on a case by case basis and it usually requires a $100-200 dollar hold charge on your credit card. Short answer is, as of now if you break your EVO be prepared to be without it for about a month be it through Asurion or BB.

I've been naked pretty much since June 4th... won't even put a screen protector on it. I picked up a white evo from best buy on the 7th of July...and same thing. I have the case..and some screen protectors, but nothing feels as good as the phone naked.

I'm actually carrying insurance from best but and sprint... although im not sure why. LOL

I've been naked since I purchased this phone about 2months now. I do use a screen protector, cause I'd be crushed if my screen got scratched!

Pretty much scratch proof!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

It definitely feels better without protection.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    It definitely feels better without protection.

Ummm..Too Easy! LOL

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    Ummm..Too Easy! LOL

I really, really want to use mine without a case. But it's too easy to ding up the phone. I already got a small nick in it before I got the HTC case. Maybe I care too much but I don't want it falling to pieces. Unlike the Pre I intend to keep the EVO for a while.

My Evo has been naked since day one. My only protection is a belt clip case instead of putting it in my pocket. Haven't used so much as a screen protector since the Mogul, which was 3 phones ago.

I want to carry around my EVO without a case so bad but can't do it because of the potential for dust to get between the gap around the screen. There are already several posts on this forum from users that got considerable amount of dust under the screen.

This might be another reason to stick with a case:

I use an InnoCase, which is very thin and has a great feel.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

I've had a couple of phones that went swimming. I just learn to keep it away from water. I also keep it my case when not in use. I love my Evo naked.

I am not a fan of cases..why make the phone larger then it is. I carry mine in my pocket 24/7 since release date and its fine. No screen protector..although I did do the carbon fiber skin on the back and a screen protector for the camera lens...but nothing around it.
    Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm 755p > BB 8130 > BB 8830 > BB 8130 > Palm Pre > Now the HTC EVO!!

I'm thinking more and more I want to take the gel skin that I picked up off. It feels so different without it and doesn't get stuck in my pocket when I pull it out. I have a screen protector though, I don't know if I could ever handle not having one on the phone.

I saw a few posted that there was a week wait with Asurion. I put a claim in Saturday and had my replacement Evo (black) by that Wednesday. This was a few weeks ago and Sprint paid half my deductible as well (long story).

ROM
    Myn RLS4/ King CFS 10

Default Re: Going naked with my EVO!

I'd rather be safe than sorry. I got the seidio hev 4 case. Doesn't make the phone too big. So it doesn't bother me as long as I can take it out of my pocket with ease.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use the one piece snap on case from Sprint, with the faux white leather on the back. It works pretty well, and doesn't add a ton of bulk. My is broken on the bottom corner, so I ordered a case from DayDeal

It looks pretty neat. I like having some kind of case, because i like the looks of it. This new cover from Daydeal should be arriving this week. We'll see what it's like...

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

I just can't do it. I love it without the case, but I've already dropped it once and the case totally saved me. I'd much rather have a tougher, slightly larger phone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast