EVO Quality??

newmomto1

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
It seems like I am seeing more and more posts here about problems with the EVO. Light leakage, broken usb ports, freezing up, etc....
I have had my EVO a little over a month and so far its been fine (although...I am not sure what the light leakage looks like so not sure if I have it :eek:).

I am a little concerned. I spent a lot of time researching which phone to get (mainly between EVO and iphone). I mostly went with the EVO b/c I really wanted to stay with Sprint (like he plans WAY better!). Also, the features seemed pretty cool ;)

But with all the reported problems I am getting nervous. I am one who keeps a phone for the full 2 years until upgrade time. I want to think I made the right choice and that this phone will last and serve me well.

So, I guess I am just looking for reasurance since my 30 day trial time is up. I guess I could stop visiting the forums and then I wouldn't know about the problems. But, I am new to android and learn a lot here :)

njschad

May 19, 2010
Visit site
ive had my evo since launch day june 4th, and i have frequented the site here ever since im constantly reading through and finding new things about android and seeing the horror stories about peoples defective phones and stupid waiting lists to get a replacement.. but even with these things being implanted into my mind i have yet to regret the choice of evo one bit.. i love the phone i love android even more.. sure you see people talking about the problems all the time with the evo as well as any other phone that is out they all have their issues and if you run into one you want a solution and you come here to ask. ive personally never been sitting at home and decided hey my phone is problem free so im going to get online and post about how flawlessly its working.. so be happy you are defect free and be glad you made the decision to go evo and you now have a great phone

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Dude keep in mind out of who knws how many people have this phone so when ever they have issues they post a problem that doesn't mean that the evos has problems I have my evos since launch n I was the second person to get it in my store n til this day, I love this EVO mbps regrets with my decision...my friend had n iPhone n he tells me every day how he's not happy like he thought he would b

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
My phone has been perfect. Remember that people are unlikely to post and say "Hey, my phone has no light leaks!" Given the number of Evos sold, the number of complaints seem fairly small. There were a lot more complaints about the Pre in the early days. About the old Palm Treos, too, for that matter.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have had my evo for about 3 weeks now, the only issue i have had is the light leaks below the home and back up buttons. But do i regret it? No, i would purchase it all over again.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
No problems with my launch day EVO and I am even naked (no case or screen protector) and it's holding up great. No light leakage, none of the problems reported here. I came to the forums just so I could surf and see what problems other people were having so I could then turn around and test mine since I don't use EVERY feature the phone has to offer. I have learned a few new things and also been able to share some tips I have learned with my EVO and with Android.... Even got a few Apps I never would have thought about just from reading on here....

I think the problem with the "Horror" stories is people with problems are more likely to biotch and complain vs people with no problems.... So thus you hear about the problems and don't hear about the success stories... If you think about it how often do you return to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, the Sprint store, the Grocery Store or the gas station to tell them how great their product is and how great its working out? Now how often do you return to those SAME places when your having a problem to complain or return a product that is either defective or not what you want?

MDteX

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 EVOs since launch with a third one on order from BB. No problems at all. Slight light leakage that is only visible in the dark and only from certain angles. Not an issue at all. I wouldn't even have noticed it until this forum made me go look.

The problem with forums is that you hear from the vocal minority. Unhappy owners post at an exponential rate compared to happy owners.

mikemsd

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Launch Day Evo here that works perfectly. Don't let the few cases of hardware issues deter you. If you look through the other forums, you will most likely find various issues with the other phones. Practically every phone on the market has some people complaining about something. Best bet is to buy the phone, if you don't like it, return it. That's what the 30 day trial period is for.

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I do have problems. The bottom of my screen has a substantial amount of light leakage.

Also, when looking at the of the phone, on the right side of the battery case it can never fully close flush. Other people have talked about this as well.

Are these terrible problems, not to me. The real problem is eventually I'll have to call HTC and get a replacement phone, and I'm not sure how that will work out.

Also, I think forever I will think of HTC hardware quality-buildwise as a "B".

I'm really wishing I could just walk into an HTC store and have them swap me out a new one for free on the spot. I miss thing about my iPhones....

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
It seems like I am seeing more and more posts here about problems with the EVO. Light leakage, broken usb ports, freezing up, etc....
I have had my EVO a little over a month and so far its been fine (although...I am not sure what the light leakage looks like so not sure if I have it :eek:).

I am a little concerned. I spent a lot of time researching which phone to get (mainly between EVO and iphone). I mostly went with the EVO b/c I really wanted to stay with Sprint (like he plans WAY better!). Also, the features seemed pretty cool ;)

But with all the reported problems I am getting nervous. I am one who keeps a phone for the full 2 years until upgrade time. I want to think I made the right choice and that this phone will last and serve me well.

So, I guess I am just looking for reasurance since my 30 day trial time is up. I guess I could stop visiting the forums and then I wouldn't know about the problems. But, I am new to android and learn a lot here :)

every phone brand has issues. One thing about Sprint you can upgrade every year without paying full retail. Just Google Iphone problems or visit the Apple.com forums. Sprint rocks!!! Best phones best service!!! Best prices!!!

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My launch day Evo is pretty much perfect. I say "pretty much" because I have the smallest amount of light leakage at the bottom of my screen. I have to be in a dark room and truly looking for it though. Also, at the bottom of my phone the screen lifts up just a tad and I can see light from the capacitive buttons coming out the bottom of my phone when I don't have the case on. I think I'm going to go pick up some super glue and apply it to the bottom of the screen tomorrow with a needle.

Really though, after coming from a Palm Pre and a Blackberry Curve before that, these hardware complaints are nothing. This is the most solid device I have ever owned by far.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
If you are have.g problems with your device's hardware, you can still have it swapped because you are still under warranty. I don't have any issues with my device, but it is a phone and phones have issues at some point whether it be hardware or software. Just hang in there and don't freak out about it. Every smartphone forum is log-jammed with horror stories about their devices. This will always be the case.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind more people are gonna jump on a forum to complain than to praise. While I have and still have some issue with my phone most of the problems is because of the update not the phone itself.

mogirlnfl

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
First of all, LOVE my Evo! But I may have to return it according to BB. I purchased the phone 27 days ago and after a week of having it noticed the back cover did not sit on the phone correctly. I thought it was just the cover so I went to BB and they tried another cover from a brand new phone, still didn't fit properly. They put my cover on the brand new phone and it fit perfectly. The BB associate said it was the actual phone allowing the cover to wiggle back and forth ( it also had a clicking sensation if you pushed on the right side mid phone). She then said she would order me a replacement. That was July 28th. I have called every so often to see what "number" I was on the list to get a phone, I have been moved up from #8 to #1as of today but she was not sure when they would get a shipment. And after 30 days they will not exchange it, I would have to go thru HTC. She gave me that option or returning the phone and waiting for the store to get one in. I have called all the BB in the area and they all have a waiting list. So either they call tomorrow ( after getting a shipment tonight which is what one store told me) or I am going back to the tiny blackberry for the time being. I'm so close yet so far away from getting a replacement.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Always remember people come to forums usually to solve problems.... most of them will start threads talking about their problems... most people with phones that are working as they should be won't start threads saying the phone is working great... therefore it looks bad for most phones when its not when u look at forum boards...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz