To anyone who sees the battery DROP after taking it off the charger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
ive seen this happening,

what ive figured out is that even thou the phone says its at 100% its NOT, the phone doesnt stay charging, once its fully charged, it stops itself and drains like normal..

so if you take it off the charger and u watch the battery drain before your eyes, its really not draining, its just showing the draining since it was fully charged and that whole time its been on the charger since then....

what i do is once its fully charged and on the charger for awhile, i pull it off then put it back on and let it re charge the small area that was depleted while it was sitting there idle.

hope this helps!

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
thats all fine and dandy but you should not have to do this, this is the only phone Ive ever owned that has this issue. but I work around this have two batteries that I charge on my Seidio desk top charger.

intheb0x

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
thats all fine and dandy but you should not have to do this, this is the only phone Ive ever owned that has this issue. but I work around this have two batteries that I charge on my Seidio desk top charger.

oh i completely agree, i was just posting this because ive heard of this issue..

well then the other day i seen it with my own eyes, and was like WTF, i have a GREAT battery and never have issues, then i realized the phone had been fully charged for sometime but still hooked up to the usb on my comp, so after seeing the battery drop after being unplugged, i plugged it back in, charged it to 100 then too it off and it was fine..

i dont know why it doesnt stay charging but it should..

i have battery indicator pro from market and it will stay on 100 until i unplug it, then if it was charged for sometime it will drop like a brick lol...

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I do the same exact thing. I rarely even charge my Evo at all. I just swap out batteries daily. Works well for me. Those spare Chinese batteries and charger on ebay are one off the best deals I've ever had.

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe this is entirely accurate. If I had my EVO on the charger for say 2 full days, and then pull it off, it's not going to drop to zero. It will drop to 90% like it always does.

btw: this topic has been beaten to death.

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Its called protective circutry build into the phone to prevent over charging. Every modern phone has it. It is the best way to maximize the charging cycle lifespan of a battery. Its not a bug or a defect. This is the reason why Android does not have a battery % built into the status bar.

marclile

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i agree that the phone stops charging when it's full but i don't think that is the only thing going on because i've taken my phone off the charger the second that the light turns green and it still drops to like 90% within the first 1/2 hour.

gbm85

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
This is false. To prove it, power off your Evo and then charge it all night. When you wake up, power it on and watch it drain to 90% just like it always does.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Well dag what's with all the rudeness so what it' been posted before I've never seen it and thanks to the OP for posting it again cause if they hadn't I probably wouldn't have seen it! If you tired of seeing the same old post stop clicking on them and responding to them especially with negativity and attitude! WTF

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
so does the evo light turn green at 90% or 100% when charging the phone? cause the nexus turns green at 90% by design. but some say the evo doesnt do this, so i dunno.

however for everyone who charges all night while they sleep, it doesnt matter cause at that point its been hours so it should be completely full regardless.

Last edited:

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
My battery sucks regarless after froyo so it doesnt make too much of a difference for me... I wish they would do whatever they had done before froyo... Luckily I have my extra ebay batteries or id be in trouble..

Status
Not open for further replies.