Will EVO get gingerbread 3.0?

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Gingerbread is supposed to end 3rd party UI's...

So come to think of it... HTC to update a fully customized SenseUI version to an updated Vanilla one? Not likely....

I doubt they would make that big of a jump user experience wise

PedroTheGoat

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I would definitely be okay without Sense. I tried Launcher Pro, but noticed some significant battery drain. Plus, some of my third party widgets didn't work with it.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it will. Requirements that AC/Engadet/Phandroid etc have talked bout is that it needs at least a 1GHZ Processor, 512 RAM, and a 3.5 inch screen.

Nexus One
HTC EVO 4G
DROID Incredible
DROID X
DROID 2
Galaxy S Line: Vibrant, Captivate, Epic, Fascinate

Are all the current phones that meet those requirements.

spookie

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Gingerbread isn't 3.0.

Okay short and sweet.. Will Evo get Gingerbread 3.0? I have decided I will get the evo over the epic in a month. Just curious..

It's a sure thing EVO won't get Gingerbread 3.0, since Gingerbread is Android 2.3. Android 3.0 is Honeycomb. If I had to guess, I'd say the EVO will stay with FroYo. Gingerbread is geared to tablets, and I don't see the EVO getting Honeycomb at almost a year on the market when it ships. I could be wrong, though, as I notice the Nexus X is shipping with Gingerbread, and it is a handset.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
It's a sure thing EVO won't get Gingerbread 3.0, since Gingerbread is Android 2.3. Android 3.0 is Honeycomb. If I had to guess, I'd say the EVO will stay with FroYo. Gingerbread is geared to tablets, and I don't see the EVO getting Honeycomb at almost a year on the market when it ships. I could be wrong, though, as I notice the Nexus X is shipping with Gingerbread, and it is a handset.

Guess you're a bit out of the loop I'd say...

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
i just got my EVO and i am blown away with froyo, me personally unless gingerbread brings something bigger and better im fine with froyo

Matty-Mo

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
i think that the evo will be the it device on sprint, it will be the device that will get the most updates and os upgrades then any other device on sprint... for sure will get gingerbread and most likely honeycomb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis