Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LauncherPro critique, and questions

My big question is if anyone who uses LauncherPro has noticed any battery drain? I noticed that my battery drained rather quickly today, but that may just be the placebo effect from me messing with the phone so much since I got the new fancy launcher.

I really want LauncherPro to work out... In my opinion, it blows Sense right out of the water. The ability to customize SO much with the UI is absolutely awesome. The fact that your homescreens work in landscape mode a feature that I believe Sense should have. I previously tried ADW Launcher and was really disappointed due to stability and lag issues, Launcher Pro seems to be similar, yet much more refined. The 3D app drawer is really awesome too.

I went ahead and tweaked some memory settings to see if that fixes my perceived battery drain... Any issues I need too be on the lookout for?

(By the way.... I used search and found nothing related to battery life)

The battery drain is more than likely the extended use of the device. I went through the same thing this weekend. I spent a ton of time customizing my Evo. Since I've been back at work my usage pattern has returned to normal and so has battery life.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

You're probably right. After searching pretty hard through posts I didn't find anyone having battery issues.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Also make sure that you first set you HTC screen to the clean one before you switch over to LauncherPro
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by deetz View Post
    Also make sure that you first set you HTC screen to the clean one before you switch over to LauncherPro
    I backed up LauncherPro, uninstalled, went back to Sense, switched to clean slate and reinstalled... A cinch. Thanks, was Sense trying to eat memory when it's not active?

I have not had any battery issues since I installed launcher pro. Did you install the froyo ota update? Many of us, me included have had less battery life because of the update. That is my guess.

I used LauncherPro for several weeks, and I did not have any unsual battery drain. I have now switched to ADW.Launcher, but that was because I thought it was just as good as LauncherPro, and I prefer open source software when possible.

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Problem is sometimes with the apps left on the HTC scene before switching to LauncherPro. They still continue to consume resources and sync, even if they're not open on the LauncherPro scene.
    When you switch to a clean slate before swapping to LauncherPro it seems to fix the issue.
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well maybe my phone was double syncing, or like I said, it was just a placebo effect. People on other forums even report that they have gained battery life since switching to LauncherPro from Sense.

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts

Launcher Pro will consume almost half the batt life that Sense does. Fact!

ROM
    Evo: CM7

I switched to LauncherPro last weekend and after running for a week I haven't noticed any difference in my battery usage.

Quote Originally Posted by deetz View Post
    I was going to say exactly this. I think sometimes people end up with Sense Widgets running in the background that are sucking up resources.

ROM
    Stock

LauncherPro is the best... I've been trying to get everyone I know with android to try it out.... LauncherPro FTW!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

What good free Clock widget is the best? I don't like that analog one

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

I'm a fan of "Digital Clock" by Maize and I didn't think I would like this one as much as I do, but "Divi Clock" is a good one too
    Last edited by kudosmog; 08-20-2010 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Can't seem to remember where I got the "Digital Clock" widget!

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudosmog View Post
    I'm a fan of "Digital Clock" by Maize and I didn't think I would like this one as much as I do, but "Divi Clock" is a good one too
    Thank you my man, I'll look into that....although if this launcherpro gets less battery i'm not sure i want this..

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ja2ed View Post
    .although if this launcherpro gets less battery i'm not sure i want this..
    No launcherpro does not use more battery... and I myself am using - sense analog small black - widget by factory widgets... it's one of the few that I found that actually keep the time correctly with launcherpro