1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3G on my Evo stopped working.

Hey guys I'm having a problem with my 3g. My WiFi works, and my 4g works when I'm around a 4g signal. If I hit update firmware the 3g signal shows up and when its done searching it says no update then the 3g icon goes away. I also have been getting very poor signal strength. I had full bars, then lost them and then it came back. I have been getting 1 bar signals all day in places my Evo gets full or half full bars. Any ideals on a fix? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by deaofly View Post
    Hey guys I'm having a problem with my 3g. My WiFi works, and my 4g works when I'm around a 4g signal. If I hit update firmware the 3g signal shows up and when its done searching it says no update then the 3g icon goes away. I also have been getting very poor signal strength. I had full bars, then lost them and then it came back. I have been getting 1 bar signals all day in places my Evo gets full or half full bars. Any ideals on a fix? Thanks.
    What version of Android are you running? Are you rooted?

ROM
    Stock

Do you have wifi on? Do you have 4g on? Need to give a lil more info on the status of your phone
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Evo hardware ver.003, Android official Froyo 2.2 No, WiFi, and 4g is turned OFF. GPS is on. Bluetooth works also.

Call Sprint, it might be an outage in your area.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

My wife has a Evo and she has no problems. I have been getting poor WiFi signal also while all her signals are strong. Everything was fine until this morning. I have power down and did a reset by pulling the battery but nothing is working. I'm going to Sprint tomorrow, thanks to everyone for you help. Also if I install HTC sync on my pc, can I back up everything on my phone? Just in case they need to replace my unit.

I use my backup pro from the market. Try a factory reset, it might help.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks for the help, I will deff get that from the market.